It's here ... Stevia in the Raw!

Options
From the maker of Sugar in the Raw.

I found it at a grocery store this weekend, so I bought a box of 50 packets and used the first one in my morning coffee today. It's not as sweet as Splenda - not even close. More like a packet of sugar in the level of sweetness. But, one can argue that it COULD BE healthier, because it is natural.

The bulking agent is dextrose - which is used in other artificial sweeteners as well. It seems that they use either dextrose or maltodextrin - or both. This packet does not contain any maltodextrin. Or silica - the Trader Joe's Stevia packets contain silica (also found in Fiji Water).

Just wanted to give everyone looking for Stevia packets a head's up!

Replies

• yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    From the maker of Sugar in the Raw.

I found it at a grocery store this weekend, so I bought a box of 50 packets and used the first one in my morning coffee today. It's not as sweet as Splenda - not even close. More like a packet of sugar in the level of sweetness. But, one can argue that it COULD BE healthier, because it is natural.

The bulking agent is dextrose - which is used in other artificial sweeteners as well. It seems that they use either dextrose or maltodextrin - or both. This packet does not contain any maltodextrin. Or silica - the Trader Joe's Stevia packets contain silica (also found in Fiji Water).

Just wanted to give everyone looking for Stevia packets a head's up!