Break up

Options
I was with the same guy for 11 year. We had a break 2 years ago, his choice. Then we got back together, his choice. In November he asked me to move back in. I was there most of the time anyway, my cats were there. Asked him a million times if he was sure. I move in Feb 20th. March 2nd, my birthday, he tells me he isn't sure he should have done this. March 10th he tells me that he just doen't love me like that anymore. I need to move. I just gave up my apartment! My oldest & dearest cat is sick & trying to die on me,,,,.I CAN'T eat right now...I try, but my stomach hurts so bad...since the 10th I have dropped 6 pounds...and I know this is unhealthy....I just don't know how to function! It is pain on top of pain!!!! This is more of a rant & an unloading then a search for help....there is no help...last time we were apart for 9 months & I couldn't get over him....I lost 50 pounds...I gained 25 of that back, but if I lose another 50 this time......:sad:

Replies

• loki65
    loki65 Posts: 25
    Options
    I was with the same guy for 11 year. We had a break 2 years ago, his choice. Then we got back together, his choice. In November he asked me to move back in. I was there most of the time anyway, my cats were there. Asked him a million times if he was sure. I move in Feb 20th. March 2nd, my birthday, he tells me he isn't sure he should have done this. March 10th he tells me that he just doen't love me like that anymore. I need to move. I just gave up my apartment! My oldest & dearest cat is sick & trying to die on me,,,,.I CAN'T eat right now...I try, but my stomach hurts so bad...since the 10th I have dropped 6 pounds...and I know this is unhealthy....I just don't know how to function! It is pain on top of pain!!!! This is more of a rant & an unloading then a search for help....there is no help...last time we were apart for 9 months & I couldn't get over him....I lost 50 pounds...I gained 25 of that back, but if I lose another 50 this time......:sad:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna make a voodoo doll for this guy :grumble:

Wishing you the best, dear. :flowerforyou:
  • flcaoh
    flcaoh Posts: 444
    Options
    Hang in there sweetie :) I just went through a break up a few months ago and they are rough... especially if you really love the person and have been together for a long time. The pain will eventually subside... just try to remember to take care of yourself. If you can't stomach food then you might want to try to drink some high cal nutrition drinks like Ensure to make sure you're at least giving your body something.

Take care of yourself! You're in my thoughts :)

:flowerforyou:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    *Big hugs* :flowerforyou:

He does not deserve you. Everything will work out. :flowerforyou:
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    on a positive note you lost 50 last time and only gained back 25:flowerforyou:

I would have gained back 75.

Sounds to me like you need to lose 200 lbs of man:cry: Why is it always his choice? You need to make it your choice, even though it is hard and your heart is:brokenheart: you need to stand up for you and the things you want out of life.

Know that it will get better, even though right now it feels like it won't:heart:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Keep your chin up and try to focus on what's best for YOU!
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    sorry to hear it- just look at it this way his loss- you deserve someone better that doesn't play games with your head or your heart--

As far as not eating I get the same way when i get stressed and it is very common to gain back what you lose when you lose weight through stress- keep your head up-
  • loki65
    Options
    At least my cat seems to be doing a little better....
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Glad kitty is doing better.

Give kitty a hug - give guy a boot in the rear!:tongue:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    I'm SO sorry you are hurting like this
    I know it's easier said that done, but kick his *kitten* to the curb and NEVER look back
    You deserve more and someone that is 110% positive they want to be with YOU

((HUGS))
    Kim
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Break ups are the worst and for some reason I think they hurt more the older we get. My BF broke up with me after almost 5 years together. I couldn't even begin to believe how bad it hurt. I was sad forever and you start thinking about all the things that you are going to miss etc. which makes it worse.

It will take some time to get over this unfortunately. Try to munch on something even though you're not hungry. I lost 15 pounds in like 2 weeks because I'm not an eater when I get sad/upset.

You just have to look at it like he obviously wasn't the right guy for you. For you to meet the right guy you can't be with this schmuck so you have to break up. It's going to hurt for a long time but eventually it will fade and not be as strong.:sad:

I have all 6 seasons of Sex in the City and I would watch it CONSTANTLY. It made me feel better cuz they were in the same boat most of the time.:bigsmile:
  • loki65
    Options
    How long before you felt better? We were together for 11 years. He was my best friend....& I am 44 now, so moving on is going to be difficult....
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Well I think the rule of thumb is like 1 month for every year you were together?? :sad: