I'm addicted to the scale!

Options
2»

Replies

• sarahstoltman
    Options
    You are torturing yourself! I admit I have done it too, but I am more likely to give up if I weigh myself everyday and notice a loss or have a gain... Its not good for you :(
  • qkidney
    qkidney Posts: 258
    Options
    YUP! I am addicted to my scale as well!! I weigh myself every morning when I get up, and usually before I have supper in the evening. I have tried to go at least a few days without checking it, as I know the weight is going to go up and down anyway, but I just cant! I almost feel more "Comfortable" in checking it daily so I can keep an eye on my progress or backsliding... I think I am just afraid Im going to gain and not be able to keep a handle on it..... Ugh!
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I find myself stepping on it at least twice a day, I used to be much worse. Actually have had hubby hide it twice for me!
  • maryj2367
    maryj2367 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    oh yes I am the same way and I always have been, I use to weigh my self every morning and usually 3-5 times a day. I also weigh myself in the middle of the night when I go to the bathroom. now I weigh myself every morning and maybe once during the day. I am going on a trip for a week here soon and wont have a scale. Ill go nuts, also I hate stepping on dr scales or other scales cause they always make me weigh more and thats frustrating. I will try only three times a week. saturday sunday is weigh in and maybe wednesdays that would be mid week. Ill put a sign above the scale with days so I dont get on it maybe that will help. IDK i am up for any other ideas
  • kateroot
    kateroot Posts: 435
    Options
    If it's that much of a problem for you, throw it away. Use how you feel and how your clothes fit as a gauge for your success, or take your measurements once a week or so. Seriously, your weight is just a number.. if it was that much of a problem for me, I would stop weighing myself altogether.

ETA: I weigh myself every day. But multiple times a day is excessive and really not healthy.
  • Mogan82
    Mogan82 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday. I think it is only bad if it discourages you. Weighing myself everyday helps me to stay on task. I don't freak out about minor fluctuations, but if I notice I am up 3lbs overnight I reexamine what I ate the day before to see what I could do better. When I only weigh in once a week it makes me slack off.
  • EQHanks
    EQHanks Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily, once a day no more! Why tortur yourself!
  • Kayleighpaul1985
    Kayleighpaul1985 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I have exactly the same problem!!

I have found I am weighing myself up to 3 times a day and getting disappointed if I dont see a change

I have put my scales in the cuboard and I am not going to weigh for 1 week so I actually see a change

xx