emotional eating

I am alone home. My father is watching tv and my mother ..sleeping. my sister has caught a cold and i cant go to her house to pass my time. I feel really down and what i think about is food. I really need help with this thing. What can i do to not feel that down and stop thinking sweets and fat?? :embarassed:

Replies

• The thing that helps me the most is getting up and moving my body. Do some form of exercising to help pass your time :)
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Distraction! Doing something would be the best option so that you get some activity benefit from it - go for a walk, do some cleaning, do some calesthenics (push-ups, jumping jacks, etc). Find a good book to read or a good movie to watch. Go for a drive, go shopping at a thrift store....
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Hahaha, I so know where you are. Why do you think I spend so much time on these forums????:laugh: :laugh:
  • Get up and do something
    can be as simple as turning some music on and dancing
  • efarester
    efarester Posts: 135 Member
    You may want to check out the book Women, Food, and God. I really enjoyed the book and actually saw the author when she was on Oprah a while ago. You can check out a lot of info on the book here: http://www.oprah.com/spirit/Women-Food-and-God-Video-and-Audio-Archive_1

Hope that helps!!
  • ArleneMobley
    ArleneMobley Posts: 44 Member
    I suggest surfing the web for something that interests you; read. Or Music.... if I had time I would find music that motivates me. Also I find that scrapbooking makes it difficult to eat while doing.