Chalean

Options
ttoombs
ttoombs Posts: 220 Member
I know there have been posts on this, but can anyone tell me if they have it and what do you think about it? Thanks:smile:

Replies

• ttoombs
    Options
    I know there have been posts on this, but can anyone tell me if they have it and what do you think about it? Thanks:smile:
  • jamie77
    jamie77 Posts: 101
    Options
    I just started a week ago. I love it! You really do have to lift heavier to get the full benefit. The first work out, I wasn't very impressed. I was almost disappointed that I spent that $150, but splurged on some heavier weights and it made a huge difference. If you actually listen to what she says and realize that you are alot stronger than you think, it will work. I say give it shot!
    Good luck! :smile:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    It's awesome!!!!! I just finished my 90 days and lost 8# and lost lots of inches (especially in the abs and thighs! YAY!). Yes, the first workout is probably the easiest workout, but they do get tougher especially if you have heavier weights (and resistance bands).

let me know if you have any questions or send me a message! :bigsmile:
  • cookydt
    cookydt Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    What or who is Chalean? Inquiring minds want to know! :happy:
  • Kimono
    Kimono Posts: 367
    Options
    She is the Turbo Jam Lady. And she has another program Call ChaLean Extreme. It is on the Beach Body Website. I am still looking at it, haven't purchased it yet. It does look good.
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    What or who is Chalean? Inquiring minds want to know! :happy:

ChaLean Extreme is the newest program from Chalene Johnson, creator of Turbo Jam. It's a 90 day program that combines weight training and fun cardio! They are awesome!
  • ttoombs
    Options
    So would it be better to get the Turbo jam first then work up to Chalean, or does it matter?
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    So would it be better to get the Turbo jam first then work up to Chalean, or does it matter?

Nope, you don't have to start with Turbo Jam. TJ is awesome though, but mainly cardio. ChaLean combines weight training and cardio. You do need weights or resistance bands, but that's it for equipment!
  • ttoombs
    Options
    Okay, thanks, Chalean here I come. :laugh:
  • jessmomof3
    Options

YAY!!! Leaner and stronger here you come! :bigsmile:
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options

YAY!!! Leaner and stronger here you come! :bigsmile:

How does it compare to P90X?
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    How does it compare to P90X?

Shorter workouts (mainly about 35-45 min) and more compound moves (sumo squat w/ bicep curl, hip lift w/ chest press, etc) than P90X. It is set in a similar pattern (3 weight workouts, 2 cardios, and ab workouts) but ChaLean definitely has a different *style* than Tony (although I do love Tony!). These really work your lower body more than P90X (all of the circuit workouts have some lower body in them) and really leaned out my lower half. (yay! :laugh: ) The movements are a bit slower than the reps in P90X so you can really work on your form also. I was afraid that they would be too *easy* after P90X, but if you lift heavier weights they are really challenging!

They are really fun, have good music, and Chalene is really motivating and keeps you going. Ask away if you have any questions!

Jess
  • blueyed_blond
    blueyed_blond Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    It's awesome!!!!! I just finished my 90 days and lost 8# and lost lots of inches (especially in the abs and thighs! YAY!). Yes, the first workout is probably the easiest workout, but they do get tougher especially if you have heavier weights (and resistance bands).

let me know if you have any questions or send me a message! :bigsmile:

How heavy were the weights you were using? I'm thinking about starting but only have up to 10 lbs at home right now....are those heavy enough to start with?

31345.png

Summer 2009 WILL Be Different!

[/url]