I hit my goal today, but......

Options
I'm not feeling 100% satisfied. I started MyFitness last July with only one goal in mind; lose my gut.

I did some research and even talked to a personal trainer cousin of my fiancee and it all lead me to believe that there is no way to "spot burn" fat. If I wanted to lose my belly, I just had to lose weight. So I set my goal in 10 pound increments.

Well I just hit my target weight today (exactly on the recommended weight for my height) and my damn stomach fat stubbornly remains.

I'm happy with the weight I'm at, but does my fatty mid section mean I still have more weight to lose?

(I should probably mention I lost my weight the old fashion way. Calorie counting, running almost daily and lifting weights a few times a week. I did ab/core workouts as part of my "routine" but never focused on the area exclusively.)

Replies

• amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I am in the same place as you are!! Very frustrating and I wish I could help, but like I said...I'm at the same place :/
  • Savagegirlt
    Options
    Congratulations on reaching your goal!!! And so sorry you still have that 'trouble spot:"

I don't know what to tell you to do for your problem, but feel proud of what you have achieved. We all will continue to have pointed goals even after we achieve the last.... that is what goals are set for. Perhaps you could talk to your personal trainer friend again and see what a professional has to say. Good luck as you continue to reach new goals :D
  • donovan86
    Options
    Thanks for the support.

Does anyone have a specific workout move that has given them even tiny results?
  • venom74799
    Options
    God,if someone knows,please share. I'm in the same boat and not sure how to lose it as well. I've tried cardio, lifting, and spot training and it doesn't work for me. I don't want to lose any more weight and would actually like to bulk up slightly and have a flat stomach.
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    It's completely normal to get down to a weight you envisioned to be right only to find out the ugly truth. We are all fatter and have less muscle than we ever expected. It happens to almost everyone who leans out a lot. I lost 150 lbs in about 14-15 months and I realized that I had to slow down and focus more on body composition than pure weight loss. The past 4-5 months, I've only lost about 6 lbs, but I've dropped about 5-6% body fat. Most men will find that they will have to go through at least a couple of cutting and bulking cycles before they are happy with their bodies.
  • amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    It's completely normal to get down to a weight you envisioned to be right only to find out the ugly truth. We are all fatter and have less muscle than we ever expected. It happens to almost everyone who leans out a lot. I lost 150 lbs in about 14-15 months and I realized that I had to slow down and focus more on body composition than pure weight loss. The past 4-5 months, I've only lost about 6 lbs, but I've dropped about 5-6% body fat. Most men will find that they will have to go through at least a couple of cutting and bulking cycles before they are happy with their bodies.

Thank you
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    You might want to focus on heavier lifting and just lowering body fat and gaining muscle. Your Body weight might not change much but it will help you get rid of those trouble spots. Have you tried a video like the Jillian Michaels DVDs or something like p90x. It might be time for something like that now that you are around the weight you want to be. They will help you get lean and build muscles