red wine ....

so every one is saying red wine is good for you , i drink two glasses a night would you say that is good or bad ??

Replies

• Shoechick5
    Shoechick5 Posts: 221 Member
    It is neither good or bad. If you had the calories, why not.
  • dibdobw
    dibdobw Posts: 89 Member
    As long as its within your calories then go for it!
  • emmaruns
    emmaruns Posts: 189 Member
    Ditto!
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    I've always heard one 8 oz glass a day is healthy, any more than that is too much. But hey, whatever works for ya!
  • MellowYellowGem
    MellowYellowGem Posts: 120 Member
    I'm doing an open uni degree and have literally just done a whole book on alcohol, just about to write an essay on a similar question!
    In answer to question it all depends the individual, everyone reacts to alcohol differently. There is no hard fast evidence that says red wine is good for you, though some studies have shown it to be beneficial to some people in keeping heart disease at bay, however there is always the argument that it may not be the red wine that does this, there could be other factors that may effect this (for example the book says if you can afford red wine each night, you probably can afford wholesome healthy foods too to go along with it) and it would depend on your own health and how what you eat & exercise you do.
    It is said though that there are good properties in the skin of grapes, so not so much the alcohol it is in.......
    But, no one can prove for sure whether it is good for you or not!