if its important to you, you will find a way!

Options
I just finished being sequestered for 8 days on a jury . It was quite an experience. I had no mfp, and thought I'd die! I had to eat out at restaurants three meals a day, we were not allowed to exercise and didn't even see the sun. We were on an incredibly rigid schedule and there was no negotiation. All together until bed, 6 am to 9 pm everyday and a lot of sitting around. Beyond the emotional stress of being away from my family I had to look at crime scene and autopsy photos no one ever wants to see. Ultimately we had to decide the fate of someones life, if that wasn't stressful enough, i tried to continue my weight loss as well. But I made it work and i am damn proud!! I wrote down everything I ate, and prepared everyday to be able to make good choices. Breakfast was easy, oatmeal and fruit and I would smuggle fruit out of the restaurant for later in the day. Most lunches were subs, i ate only half the bread, and no cheese or mayo. I gave away the chips and cookie and ate the piece of fruit I took every morning. Dinner was worse, never knew where we were going to go ( I live in the south, so cracker barrel and a barbecue place were of course 2 of our meals - GROSS) I ordered chicken breasts plain, and lots of veggies. The night we went to a barbecue place I was glad I had an apple and peanut butter in my purse, taken from breakfast. I ordered sides only, broccoli, sweet potato and grilled veggies, delicious, filling and good for me. I stepped on the scale and was down a couple pounds! ( although my official weigh in day is Saturday I will wait til then and log Saturdays numbers)
So even though this is not your typical success story, it feels like one to me!
I truly believe.... If it is important enough to you , you will find a way!
:happy:

Replies

• 5Btieden
    5Btieden Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Way to think on your feet! And make healthy choices when it would have been easy to cave in!! WOO HOO for you!!
  • jakki_brown
    jakki_brown Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I wish I had you motivation sometimes!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!