Unfit, Out of Shape, and/or Obese

Options
So all my life I have been told how to dress, act, do my hair, cut my hair, who to be friends with, etc. I've had comments made towards me when I was thinner that really affect me still and that's nearly 10 plus year ago, ok ok it was in 1998 during capture the flag at my parents house with my brothers friends. Wow, that's sad that I can remember that.

So here is the scoop. This one comment haunts me more now than it did when it was said to me. Mostly like because I wasn't into dating and being the girl who had a boyfriend in h.s.

I remember the name of the kid who said it to me. Little red headed freckled faced braces wearing cutie pie to most people. It was one of those hott Summer Nights where my dad had gone off to work and my mom was home playing Tetris or working on new stuff for her greenhouse. My brother had several friends over, I had none, and they were all playing Capture the flag in the huge back yard. They asked me to play and I was on the team opposite my brother and it just so happens that red headed freckle faced brace wearing guy was on my team. There we were sneaking between the pine trees and trying to run to the opposite end to get the flag with out getting caught in the process. At some point we had made it to the flag and I got caught and that red headed freckled braces wearing kid turned to me and said "way to go fattie" "Summer (last name) you have no hope, no man will ever elope you." My brother was standing right there, he is the one who caught me and his jaw dropped and he turned to me and i turned to him and the tears just started flowing down my face (kind of like right now) and he said "Summer, I..." and I said "Stop! Just stop. I'll be inside with mom" and I turned away and ran into the house straight up to my room with out missing a door opening and shutting or letting a dog or cat get in my way.

Later that night, my mom came to check on me and asked me why I wasn't out playing with the boys. I lied to her and told her I just wanted to be alone and let my brother have his own fun with his friends. She kissed me on the forehead and told me she was going to bed. What she didn't know was that I had been staring at my tv in my room, not knowing what was playing or had played, and kept running that comment through my head over and over and over. I couldn't get that comment out of my head, I told my closest two friends at the time and they didn't have any words of encouragement for me, hence the reason they aren't my friends anymore. My brother was the only person who ever gave a damn about me and cared about me when this happen. From that night forward, he never invited that red headed freckle faced braces wearing kid again to our house.

I shared this story because no matter what difficult thing that has happen in your life or brought you down, their is always someone there that cares about you as much as my brother did me and continued to stick by my side no matter what was said to me. And although I feel this comment contributed to my weight gain, my brother kept pushing me to come out and play capture the flag and play sports!