Good rewards?

Options
So how many of you out there are rewarding yourself for your weight loss? Do you reward yourself in increments or is there one big reward for when you hit goal? Does anyone have some fabulous reward ideas? I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to do to reward myself-thinking about breaking it into 3 weight loss chunks- 30, 60, and finally 90 pounds lost. So far 30 pounds lost = skydiving, 60 pounds lost = night out with my girlfriends, and 90 pounds lost = Paris! But, I would love to hear some other ideas!

Replies

• krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    I break mine down into 5lb increments, much easier to achieve. Then I treat myself to a manicure or pedicure or maybe a chocolate chip cookie. I dont want to make "goals" to unobtainable, I want to feel like I'm moving forwards. But thats just me.
  • Williamj
    Williamj Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a reward and an anti-award. I listened to an episode on Radio Lab where they talked about how much more powerful negative rewards are for motivation.

If I hit 10% BMI by May 1st I'm going to buy myself a kite board.
    If I don't I'm going to send $500 to my least favorite presidential candidate.
  • likeaphoenix28
    Options
    I'm doing a reward and an anti-award. I listened to an episode on Radio Lab where they talked about how much more powerful negative rewards are for motivation.

If I hit 10% BMI by May 1st I'm going to buy myself a kite board.
    If I don't I'm going to send $500 to my least favorite presidential candidate.

That's an interesting idea. Never would have thought of that...hmm.
  • bekkaL85
    bekkaL85 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I give myself little achievable goals. If I can get my butt off of the couch and go walking for an hour, I get a hot bubble bath at night. When I lose 15 pounds, I give myself a new book to read, etc...

I do give myself big rewards too. Like when I reach 200, I'm gonna go horseback riding for the first time in over 12 years! I'm super excited about that one. When I reach my goal weight my husband and I are gonna go on vacation to Salem Mass. for a week.

The key for me is achievable goals that will help me reach my bigger goals.