I feel so bad!

Options
memaw66
memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
Last summer my husband and I bought a boat from a guy in our neighborhood. We took it out 2 or 3 times but really didn't use it. Then the hubby got a Harley and totally lost interest in the boat, so it has sat there since last summer. Well, when we found out that I wouldn't be getting any bonuses this year and we already booked our cruise for vacation, we decided to sell the boat since we aren't using it any more. I had transferred all the titles and everything was legit.....or at least I thought so. So we sold the boat yesterday to this really nice guy who was so excited to have a boat for the summer to take his ailing dad fishing along with his young son. All is well......................not so. He emailed me this morning stating that he noticed that the title to the motor and the actual motor that is on the boat did not match! The title is for a 1992 Mariner but what is actually on the boat is a 1970 Evenrude!!! And it's smaller horse power. My husband and I never even noticed the difference! Like I said, we only took it out a few times and then it's been sitting. So now, not only am I going to have to give the guy back his money and take the boat back, I will have to find another way to fund our vacation. I also feel bad for the guy that bought it from us because he was so excited about having a boat. He had been saving for a couple of years. My husband contacted the guy we bought the boat from and he said he bought it that way from some one else. If he doesn't agree to give us our money back, we will have to take him to small claims court!! Ugggggggg!!!!!!! He has several boats so I am sure he knew what the deal was. We had never purchased a boat before so we didn't even question is since we had the titles and every thing!!!!!

So, how is YOUR Monday going???

Memaw

Replies

• memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Last summer my husband and I bought a boat from a guy in our neighborhood. We took it out 2 or 3 times but really didn't use it. Then the hubby got a Harley and totally lost interest in the boat, so it has sat there since last summer. Well, when we found out that I wouldn't be getting any bonuses this year and we already booked our cruise for vacation, we decided to sell the boat since we aren't using it any more. I had transferred all the titles and everything was legit.....or at least I thought so. So we sold the boat yesterday to this really nice guy who was so excited to have a boat for the summer to take his ailing dad fishing along with his young son. All is well......................not so. He emailed me this morning stating that he noticed that the title to the motor and the actual motor that is on the boat did not match! The title is for a 1992 Mariner but what is actually on the boat is a 1970 Evenrude!!! And it's smaller horse power. My husband and I never even noticed the difference! Like I said, we only took it out a few times and then it's been sitting. So now, not only am I going to have to give the guy back his money and take the boat back, I will have to find another way to fund our vacation. I also feel bad for the guy that bought it from us because he was so excited about having a boat. He had been saving for a couple of years. My husband contacted the guy we bought the boat from and he said he bought it that way from some one else. If he doesn't agree to give us our money back, we will have to take him to small claims court!! Ugggggggg!!!!!!! He has several boats so I am sure he knew what the deal was. We had never purchased a boat before so we didn't even question is since we had the titles and every thing!!!!!

So, how is YOUR Monday going???

Memaw
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    That stinks memaw! :flowerforyou:

Hope your day goes better! :flowerforyou: