Serious question.

I was doing my typical 45 mins of Zumba, & about 17 mins in.. I all of a sudden became really sick.. & Had this really sharp around the bottom left of my chest when I took a deep breath, I've been getting random pains all over my body lately. I've been doing Zumba for a while & haven't had any problems before. I'm just wondering if it's normal.. Or could be my anxiety.. or is a serious health type problem. I'm young. Not like I know much.
The pains usually in my upper left abdominal area though.

Replies

• Elisirmon
    Elisirmon Posts: 273 Member
    ou may be pregnant...that what happened to me everytime I got prego and did areobics.
  • The same thing happened to me a few times, I went to the hospital after I got that pain a few times in a row. Thay said it was a muscle spasm caused by the exercise I was doing (I was also doing Zumba then) They gave me muscle relaxers which I never took because they knocked me out. I just rested for a week and it got better and went away.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,314 Member
    Could just be a side stitch. Common in runners.
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    My suggestion, don't ask the internet wannabe doctors on this forum, go see or at least call your doctor and get his/her opinion. Don't mess around with stuff like that. The worst they can do is tell you it's nothing to worry about and send you on your way.
  • jrangel5425
    jrangel5425 Posts: 5 Member
    Hey, there.

That is, indeed, a serious question. My first question to you would be: is it your lower chest, or your upper abs (you said both...) Obviously, you know the signs of heart problems, right? Chest pain, pain in the jaw, left arm, etc? Being young has very little to do with with it..young people can have heart issues too.

Beyond that, if it isn't something serious like a heart attack, you may be experiencing electrolyte drops, which can cause cramps all over. Consider hydrating better pre workout, and taking it some glucose/sodium type supplements during your workout (gatorade is kind of the go-to for this).

Most cramps are caused by salt, potassium, or water levels being too low. Bananas, pineapples, and water can help with this.

Of course, the best advice ANYONE on any internet forum can give you is this: if you're concerned, seek the advice of a medical professional (which I am not.)

Good Luck,

Joe
  • lyssamichelle
    lyssamichelle Posts: 1,307 Member
    My suggestion, don't ask the internet wannabe doctors on this forum, go see or at least call your doctor and get his/her opinion. Don't mess around with stuff like that. The worst they can do is tell you it's nothing to worry about and send you on your way.
    I don't have money to run to a doctor every time I feel off.. Not mention the fact i can't take myself. My mom would have to take me, & she honestly just can't take me.

To get pregnant you need to have sex,, so I know that's not it, lol.

Well. Thank guys (:
  • lyssamichelle
    lyssamichelle Posts: 1,307 Member
    Hey, there.

That is, indeed, a serious question. My first question to you would be: is it your lower chest, or your upper abs (you said both...) Obviously, you know the signs of heart problems, right? Chest pain, pain in the jaw, left arm, etc? Being young has very little to do with with it..young people can have heart issues too.

Beyond that, if it isn't something serious like a heart attack, you may be experiencing electrolyte drops, which can cause cramps all over. Consider hydrating better pre workout, and taking it some glucose/sodium type supplements during your workout (gatorade is kind of the go-to for this).

Most cramps are caused by salt, potassium, or water levels being too low. Bananas, pineapples, and water can help with this.

Of course, the best advice ANYONE on any internet forum can give you is this: if you're concerned, seek the advice of a medical professional (which I am not.)

Good Luck,

Joe
    I said I was young & that I didn't know much because of that. It has nothing to do with being young & having a heart problem.
    So no, I wouldn't no the signs of heart problems.
    But thank you for your advice. (: