Staying motivated while sick

Options
How does everyone stay motivated while you have a cold or flu? And how how long do you wait to start exercising again? Thanks for your input! :sick:

Replies

• Pickles11
    Pickles11 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I have yet to get sick enough where I have to stop working out. Luckily my last couple of colds weren't bad enough to stop working out. I am nervous about what would happen if I had to stop for a week or two, though. I already stress when I have to take a rest day.
  • renku
    renku Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I wasn't motivated during my last cold, I just tried to keep my calories down, even with all of the orange juice. This week I've been nack to working out, even though breathing is still an issue.
  • gdb86
    gdb86 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    It really can get very difficult when you're sick to stay on track, but it's more so a problem AFTER you're sick and you're on your way to being healthy.

During your cold/flu- listen to your body. It clearly needs rest, liquids, and healthy nutrition. Stay true to a colorful, nutrition conscious diet, take vitamins, and rest! Once you start to feel up to exercising again you'll know and just keeping yourself aware of your diet during that time. Watching what you eat will keep you on track and raring to go when you are fully healthy again!

I hope that helps! Happy losing!
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    I'm sick right now with a cold. I heard that if you have an upper respiratory illness, to stay away from cardio, so I aim to do some stretching and maybe yoga but nothing more than that, I've pushed myself before when sick and it just prolonged my illness and made me feel tired all day for a while.