sugar in apples

Options
ashquin
ashquin Posts: 248 Member
just venting. i cant believe how much sugar is in an apple!! here i am thinking im eating something good for me and then i see all of the sugar! crazy!

Replies

• stephanielindley422
    Options
    They are good for you. The sugar in apples is soo much better then the refined sugars in everything else, and your body needs sugar for engery. Good luck finding a fruit without any sugar. :)
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Fruit has natural sugar. That is why its sweet. Still good for you
  • ashquin
    ashquin Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    i know its good for me but i see sugar as sugar. it just put me over in my sugars for the day.
  • zwoodcock
    zwoodcock Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Sugar isn't necessarily sugar. The difference is that processed table sugar is already mostly broken down, meaning that less effort goes in to its digestion. The naturally-occurring sugars in fruits, however, are treated differently by the body, because your body was made to incorporate them into its daily operations.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    i know its good for me but i see sugar as sugar. it just put me over in my sugars for the day.

I am over in sugar every day, its because I eat apples, strawberries and baby carrots. I am not too worried about that. I think it is virtually impossible to actually be on goal with this thing.
  • jprid88
    jprid88 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm always over too bc I eat two fruits a day and fruits have a lot of sugar and carbs. I think this app had our sugars too low
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options
    Apples have fructose and we all know what happens when we eat that stuff.:bigsmile: