Plain Greek Yogurt

Options
2»

Replies

• pinkydemon
    pinkydemon Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I actually like plain yoghurt, plain greek yoghurt is nice, I sometimes add honey but not always.
    But then I have never really been a fan of fruityyoghurt as I couldn#t stand the taste of it
  • flea2449
    flea2449 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I like Chobani plain with with fresh blueberries and a 1/2 tablespoon of agave nector. Taste great!
  • HerbieSue
    HerbieSue Posts: 288
    Options
    I like the Oikos, mostly because it has the least sugar of any I can find. I use it as a substitute for vegetable oil in my pancakes and waffles. They come out great! It's also good to add to protein shakes. (plus John Stamos is really cute)
  • ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Chobani black cherry is my favorite.

I use Chobani plain when I make dips, sauces, etc. I don't eat it by itself, though.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I use greek yogurt in place of sour cream, as they taste quite similar.

Add grated cucumber + dill + lemon = tzatziki

Add hot sauce = spicy yogurt sauce for tacos, burgers ect.

When I want to eat it like normal yogurt, I'll add a spoonful of fruit preserves and some granola.
  • lily1972
    lily1972 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I buy either Oikos or Liberté and put 1/2 cup in a bowl with 3/4 cup of cereal and blend them as I eat... It's a real treat with sliced fresh fruit! I also blend 1/2 cup of plain Greek yogurt with my protein powder in my shaker after an intense workout! Yum!
  • Donnalturn
    Donnalturn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just thought I would share for the first time. I use the Greek Gods Nonfat Plain Yogurt 60 calories, Then I put a Tbsp of E. D. Smith more fruit spread in with it for flavor. It has 1/2 the calories. Sugar is 6 and Carbohyfrate is 6, only 25 calories. Of course, as and alturnative I will use 1/2 packette of Stevia. I have been told that Fred Myers has a brand of Yogurt that is even fewer calories. Let me know what you think.
  • Minnie_Moo
    Minnie_Moo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I :heart: Fage greek yogurt and then my second choice is Chobani.

I used to buy both of them with the fruit in them......but they have too much sugar so I then switched to the 0% no fat plain versions and put my own fruit or sugar free preserves in them.

If you want a snack.......I mix 1/2 cup of non-fat (0%) plain greek yogurt with a sprinkle (about 1 tsp or to taste) of sugar free cheesecake jello pudding mix..........It tastes a lot like a real cheesecake and then you can sprinkle your crushed graham cracker in it too and then have your cake and crust :happy:
  • I_get_fit
    I_get_fit Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I LOVE greek yogurt!

I used to buy the full fat kind but I can't tolerate it anymore because I had my gallbladder out a couple weeks ago.

Now I eat Greek Gods 0%, Fage 0%, and when I get to costco I buy kirkland greek yogurt which has awesome stats - 1 cup is 140 calories, 0 fat, and 24 grams of protein and is really cheap!

I don't eat it plain. Usually I eat it with:

berries and honey
    strawberries and warm nutella
    bananas and warm peanut butter.

I usually like the sourness but sometimes I add a little truvia to sweeten it up a bit.
  • vs1023
    vs1023 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I buy the plain and add my own stuff to it like: protein powder, fruit, cinnamon, nuts, etc. You could even use it like sour cream on a potato. Fage is my first choice, then Chobani and then Oikos. I don't like the ones with fruit in them already because of the sugar.
  • meghan_cr
    Options
    LOVE Fage with some honey or granola or fruit. Mmmm.
  • sharishopalot
    sharishopalot Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Im glad to read this thread. I have heard good things about plain greek yogurt. The other day I was at Costco and they had plain greek yogurt as a sample. Sooo I tried it and did not like it at all!!!
    I will have to try it these different ways.
  • melissakay1q
    Options
    I add Ranch dressing mix to plain Greek yogurt to make a dip for veggies!
  • 16mixingbowls
    16mixingbowls Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I can't eat bread, so to get my healthful crunch/sweet/creamy fix, I spread a tablespoon of jam on a rice cake and then spread out a huge dollop of plain Fage Greek Yogurt. I eat all types of plain yogurt, but I get a giant 32 oz Fage at Costco for $4.99, so that's a great deal IMHO.
  • Kittie_Kat
    Options
    Awesome, some great ideas for it, I must say I worded it wrong, I didn't want to eat just plain but add in different thing but wasn't sure which brand to try or what to mix in. I'm gonna try adding in honey and some berries :)
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I like a plain Chobani or Fage with some mixed berries. I go to the frozen section to get my berries to mix in and let them thaw in the fridge. There is less sugar when you do you own mix ins rather than buying the flavors.
  • alliesun53
    alliesun53 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Chobani non-fat plain is good as a substitute for sour cream (for things like tacos, taco salads, dips...) and also as a "mayo". I used that today on tuna instead and it was so good. You dont taste YOGURT at all. If im eating it as yogurt, I add fruit preserves to it. Balances out the sourness of it.
  • bpurc22
    bpurc22 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Plain Greek Yogurt is the punishment I would inflict on someone if I hated them
  • gregpack
    gregpack Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    add sugar free drink mix. Crystal light lemonade works great. It tastes just like lemon yogurt. 22 g of protein for 150 calories is almost as good as it gets.

I've heard some mix in sugar free jelly, too.