Ready meals

Options
What's your views on ready meals such as Weight Watchers or Tesco lighter choices meals ?

Replies

• TONYAGOOCH
    TONYAGOOCH Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Unless you are concerned with sodium, I don't see a problem with them. I eat them all the time. I like the Lean Cuisine Stem Bags and the Healthy Choice Cafe Steamers. I do eat some of the WW meals as well. There are no restaraunts anywhere around where I work unless I want to drive about 5 to 10 miles out so I pretty much have to bring my lunch every day. These are easy and most taste pretty good. I also bring canned soups such as Healthy Choice or Campbels Selects and Boca Burgers.
  • fishndad
    fishndad Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I think they're great, but I don't eat them unless I'm in a hurry. Have to watch my sodium & anything that's prepared is high in sodium.
  • almondgirl00
    Options
    The ingredients weird me out. It's like the only difference between a Big Mac and a WW meal is the number of calories. Both seem to be equally full of rubbish, it's just that the rubbish in one has fewer calories.
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I eat a couple on occasion, but I'm a sodium-watcher and there are only a couple from each brand I'm willing to buy. For the most part, I avoid them, but if I'm in a rush and my fiance's got a meal already I might have a ready meal just to save time.

That said, I can't remember when I last had one.
  • Sweeterescape
    Options
    I think that they're okay as a last resort, but there are a lot of things that are better that are just as easy. Toast bread for a sandwich if you want something warm, or microwave a wrap with meat and low fat cheese inside, then add salad to the inside after you microwave and maybe some salsa. You can also get fresh soups most places rather than canned and most supermarkets have fresh bread rolls, get a tub of fresh soup and some fresh brown bread which is much healthier!

If you need something quick and easy and must go for a ready meal, I would recommend the M&S Fuller Longer meals, although they're a bit pricier they're much fresher.

Good luck!