Power Music

Options
connieq288
connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
Has anyone ever bought any music from this website. My step teacher says that is where she gets her music from so I was thinking of getting some but they can get expensive. About $23 for a cd. But the beats are awesome and I know it would help my workouts.

Connie

Replies

• connieq288
    Options
    Has anyone ever bought any music from this website. My step teacher says that is where she gets her music from so I was thinking of getting some but they can get expensive. About $23 for a cd. But the beats are awesome and I know it would help my workouts.

Connie
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options

Connie

Hi Connie
    From which website are you refering?
    Jackie
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    No no no no no no no!!

www.gomusic.ru

Russian website. My Zumba instructor turned me on to it. She's been using it for a few years.
    You have to pay in their set amounts. First timers can start with $10 credit. Once you use all that up, you have to do their minimum of $30 credit. (I think I was charged like a 8 cent fee for the conversion from American funds to Russian.)

I have yet to not be able to find a song or artist on their website.
    The songs cost between 9 - 15 cents.
    I buy whole albums for under $3, sometimes as little as a $1.50.
    And I'm talking like Beyonce's newest, not something old.

I had an issue once where a song didn't download but I was charged for it. Wrote to customer service. Although their English didn't "flow", they totally understood my problem, credited my account, told me to re-download the song, and everything was golden.

I love that site and have bought hundreds of songs from there in the past 6 months. $10 or $30 lasts forever when each song is 9 cents!!

(Did that make sense? I'm thinking not. LOL
    I pay $30. They credit my account. I buy from their site as I please, decreasing my credits as I make purchases.)
  • connieq288
    Options
    Its called powermusic.

Are they just regular songs that you hear on the radio or are they remixes. This website does a lot of mixes. They have one cd which I want to get that has 80's music on it and my step teacher has it and I love it.

Connie
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    No no no no no no no!!

www.gomusic.ru

Russian website. My Zumba instructor turned me on to it. She's been using it for a few years.
    You have to pay in their set amounts. First timers can start with $10 credit. Once you use all that up, you have to do their minimum of $30 credit. (I think I was charged like a 8 cent fee for the conversion from American funds to Russian.)

I had an issue once where a song didn't download but I was charged for it. Wrote to customer service. Although their English didn't "flow", they totally understood my problem, credited my account, told me to re-download the song, and everything was golden.

I love that site and have bought hundreds of songs from there in the past 6 months. $10 or $30 lasts forever when each song is 9 cents!!

I pay $30. They credit my account. I buy from their site as I please, decreasing my credits as I make purchases.)

Those sites are sketchy Lauryn. Careful, you could get in serious trouble downloading them
    . It's illegal to do this. And just posting it on the web could get you in trouble if they start going after illegal download heavy again (like they did 2 years ago)

http://www.moskalyuk.com/blog/are-russian-music-sites-legal/422
  • Kimono
    Kimono Posts: 367
    Options
    No no no no no no no!!

www.gomusic.ru

Those sites are sketchy Lauryn. Careful, you could get in serious trouble downloading them
    . It's illegal to do this. And just posting it on the web could get you in trouble if they start going after illegal download heavy again (like they did 2 years ago)

This is Illigal? But she is paying for them? How can you tell which ones are illigal? itunes isn't, and I have used Limewire before-I payed for my songs.
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    [

This is Illigal? But she is paying for them? How can you tell which ones are illigal? itunes isn't, and I have used Limewire before-I payed for my songs.

if it's got a .ru at the end and the songs cost 10 cents then they are illegal outside of russia. I.E. your mailing address has to be IN russia to legally purchase them.
    The site doesn't care, because they are not subject to our laws anyway, but the record companies do.

Essentially, if the songs don't cost much, and it's not some special promotion, and the company isn't based out of the US, it's probably not a good idea to buy songs from them online. It's a very sketchy industry (full of really sleezy operations). Safe places are itunes, walmart, cdnow, amazon...etc.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    [

if it's got a .ru at the end and the songs cost 10 cents then they are illegal outside of russia. I.E. your mailing address has to be IN russia to legally purchase them.
    The site doesn't care, because they are not subject to our laws anyway, but the record companies do.

Essentially, if the songs don't cost much, and it's not some special promotion, and the company isn't based out of the US, it's probably not a good idea to buy songs from them online. It's a very sketchy industry (full of really sleezy operations). Safe places are itunes, walmart, cdnow, amazon...etc.

Thanks a lot, Banks.
    Now I can't claim ignorance (which I seriously was before).
  • SHBoss1673
    Options

Thanks a lot, Banks.

LOL, sorry my dear.:ohwell:

I know someone (just an acquaintence but...) who got screwed by something similar, they tagged him for 30K and 50 hours of community service. He had to file for bankruptcy. Course he had like 8000 songs on his hard drive.

BTW, I don't think they care whether you know or not. Since most people claim internet ignorance anyway. :sad:
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options

Thanks a lot, Banks.

LOL, sorry my dear.:ohwell:

I know someone (just an acquaintence but...) who got screwed by something similar, they tagged him for 30K and 50 hours of community service. He had to file for bankruptcy. Course he had like 8000 songs on his hard drive.

BTW, I don't think they care whether you know or not. Since most people claim internet ignorance anyway. :sad:

HOLY MOLY!! $30,000!?!?!

That's insane!! No Russian music websites for me, no sir!
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    to be honest, I haven't heard about a case in a while, whether that's because the media got bored with publicizing it, or they stopped going hardcore against people, I don't know, but I haven't heard about a big bust in over 6 months. Who knows, this could turn into the next j-walking law. I hope so, I would love to visit www.mp3search.ru again. I have an account there, but I haven't used it in like 18 months, but there's still like 5 bucks worth on it. I'm afraid to use it though. :ohwell:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    Ignorance of the law is no excuse ever. It's a mitigating factor but won't clear you from guilt. le sigh.