Pregnancy question...

Options
Okay...Have been trying to get pregnant for a few months and since we have started trying I have been gaining back the weight that I have recently lost. I was almost down to my goal weight at the end of October, then got too caught up in baby making. So my question is since I am hoping to get pregnant soon is there any point in trying to loose those 10-12 pounds I have gained recently or just worry about it after the baby comes??

Replies

• Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with losing weight while trying to get pregnant. It could take months to get pregnant.
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    My advice is to lose the weight. Why wouldn't you? You still want to be healthy and working toward your goal when you get pregnant. I lost 50 pounds before I got pregnant and was so glad I did.
  • I read somewhere that being too skinny can actually work against you when you're trying to get pregnant. Having a little fat on your body is actually good for the fetus in the first and second trimester (not just the "baby weight" you gain throughout, but in the beginning its impt for development).

Let me see if I can find the article.

IMO, I wouldn't worry about those extra 10 pounds. If and when you do get pregnant, you're going to gain double and triple that amount anyway! As long as you are eating fruits, veggies, lean meats, and continue to stay in a healthy BMI/BF% you'll be just fine!