Sisterhood HCP Week 9

Options
13»

Replies

• thompsons81702
    thompsons81702 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I just got back from my first 5 k since getting healthier and I did it in 41 min 15 sec!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited, I got 9 min off my time last fall!
  • hopetobeinshape
    Options
    That is AMAZING :drinker: what an accomplishment! I have my first 5k in June and I am terrified :blushing:

What a great way to start the weekend :flowerforyou:

Hope everyone else is doing ok....everyone has disappeared this past week :cry: :brokenheart:
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Wow, everyone seems to be doing so well. I am so proud of you, Christine!!! I'm not trying to stay off of the website-it's just with all the sick kids and hospital scares, I haven't really had the time to do anything. My daughter Shay is much, much better now, and we are so thankful that she is okay, but we are still trying to catch our breath after the ordeal. I hope everyone has a great weekend, and I will try to catch up later...
  • pepamint83
    pepamint83 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    sorry ive been mia all its just been a rough 2 days and i wanted to cheat soooo bad but i called my sponser (my mother) and i decided it wasnt worth it i would just feel worse.
    What is your degree in? Where are you doing an internship? I remember when I did an internship at a brokerage house right before I graduated I hated it....I'm just curious what kind of career you were working toward.

I have pretty much decided that I am going

im in grad school studying social work i have a ba in studio art and sociology and decided to do social work. my internship as a first year is in a place called Safe Space its a mental health clinic. its good but my first client i got was suicidal (actively) bipolar and off his meds and he had lost his daughter to lupis jan 2008 my school supervisor was not thrilled a first year had a sucidial as a client and expressed this to my field instructor. then 3 weeks ago i did an favor and somehow that favor got me a new client a suicidal 10 year old girl who attempted suicide in jan aftetr dad who was released from jail after being in for 4-5 years took her with him when he bought drugs. told my teacher he wasnt happy thought ok fine cause he was gonna talk to my work supervisor. then wed i get a call from the girls mother that after she got off the phone with her dad the girl said if she had to see him again she would kill him and hurt herself. well i tell supervisor and like i thought we need to send her to the hospital long story shorter mom didnt take her and i found this out 10 am thurs when i called to follow up. supervisor for internship is away but tells me any emergency call her. no answer. i speak to another supervisor in our other office and she tells me if mom doesnt take her to the hospital i need to call ACS. well after finally convincing mom who thinks no one is listening to her daughter i have to call school 2 social workers and guidance councler arent in and i explain to the secretary its an emergency i need to speak to the principal no u cant shes in a meeting. the whole school is in a fire drill bla bla bla. finally get word to guidance councler that he needs to pull girl out of class and sit with her (he cant find her a girl they know is suicidal and is supposed to watch) then i have to call the er let them know a high risk child is coming in i need to know when she is there. mom finally arrives i think ok i can breath just need to wait until she gets to hospital 20 min later mom shows up at my office. so i tell her the er is waiting for her so she knows that i will know if she doesnt show up. 1:45 hospital calls lets me know they have her. i can breath my supervisor says they most likely will keep her overnight. im eating lunch at 3:30 cause i have so much paper work i had to do and i get from the mother the girl was discharged and shes on her way to the office. :huh: i of course need to see her cause i need to *kitten* if shes suicidal/homocidal my supervisor is telling me to call the er asap why did they let this girl go so fast. i call and the child psych has the nerve to tell me several time this girl is depressed needs to see our psychiatrist asap and i need to write a letter to the courts saying the child should not see her fatehr its harming her. aaaaaaaaaah finally another social worker comes to do the assesment with me cause remember im a FIRST YEAR INTERN and my supervisor is no where to be found. and then we have to send this girl 50 min away to our other office because our doc doesnt see kids. then i got to call the er have them send all the paper work to us im on the phone 30 min and faxing and its after 6 which is when i leave. and its 6:45 and the supervisor says u know our doc thinks she doesnt need to be seen i said ur kidding right this kid is on her way ive been here later then i should hes gonna see her. the end of this part is i was there 1 hour and half later then i should have been drained didnt eat all day and was on the phone with hospital and everyone else. AT this point is when i get home and want junk food and my parents are at a wedding....then fri morn 8 am i get to internship i have to call the hospital cause i never got the paper work back and forth to the hospital cause the numbers are wrong the departments are wrong and i have no idea who got my consent form cause apparently the guy i spoke to who got them doesnt exhist. i also have the other suicidal cient at 10 am . so after he leaves (and mind u it was snowing so there was some happiness to my day) i have to get everything done by one cause thats when i leave and have to go home. i call the doc at hospital convince him to help me and to write a letter to the courts how he felt. by 1 i cant leave cause i got to finish all the paper work so my intershuip supervisor can see it on mon. i follow up with mom she says the girl was good last night understood we were all trying to help her. finally the i dont know what to call her calls my supervisor cause she thinks its important as does the other supervisor that i speak with her and tell her what happend. and you know what she yelled at me for bothering her on her vacation (even though she said to call incase of an emergency and no one knew she was on vacation) wouldnt let me tell her this and then i give her to the other women who she yells at for bother her. well after all this stress it happens i cry i never cry at work but there it was. one of the head social workers took me in her office to talk said i did the right thing and she had no right to yell at me especially after all i did. by 2 im still there doing paper work i finish it all at about 3:15 scarf on and then ring ring its my clients mother and shes in a panic of course i sutpidly take the call and she tells me the childs lawyer thinks mom is lying cause the child never told her she cant be near dad finally after the other supervisor tells me to call lawyer and if shes not in leave a message to call my supervisor. it rings and thank god for small favors i get the machine and fly out of the office. needless to say last night i crashed and today after lunch i crashed and im still tired.

sorry for the long story but i needed u all to understand where i was and still am at.
  • hopetobeinshape
    Options
    HOly Moly Pep!
    Im so sorry that happened, but think about the two people you are helping, you are essentially saving their lives. :flowerforyou:

And on top of it all you didnt give in to your cravings! :drinker: Good for you! :heart: :drinker:

:smile: its the wkend and Im sure next week will be much better!
  • hopetobeinshape
    Options
    AHHHHH so frustrated :angry: The past few days I have been doing excellent with clean eating and working out everyday, and yesterday my pants were feeling pretty loose, but I was still feeling pretty down because I would have expected to at least have lost ten lbs by now :sad: . So Last night I go to bed and have my alarm set for 8:30 since I have this huge 30 pg paper to get done. But I dont wake up til 1pm :mad: And guess why? Stupid Stupid AF :grumble: Now I kno my numbers arent goin to go down like they should this week which is so discouraging, sometimes I hate being a Woman :frown:

(Sorry for the rant, just had to get it off my chest before i get goin on this paper)
  • pepamint83
    pepamint83 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    FOR SOME REASONS I CANT EDIT AND THERE WERE TWO BIG MISTAKES THAT ARE IMPORTANT TO THIS HORRID STORY.

im in grad school studying social work i have a ba in studio art and sociology and decided to do social work. my internship as a first year is in a place called Safe Space its a mental health clinic. its good but my first client i got was suicidal (actively) bipolar and off his meds and he had lost his daughter to lupis jan 2008 my school supervisor was not thrilled a first year had a sucidial as a client and expressed this to my field instructor. then 3 weeks ago i did an favor and somehow that favor got me a new client a suicidal 10 year old girl who attempted suicide in jan aftetr dad who was released from jail after being in for 4-5 years took her with him when he bought drugs. told my teacher he wasnt happy thought ok fine cause he was gonna talk to my work supervisor. I also have 3 other clients siblings under 13 whos dealing with their drug addict and "recovering" alcohalic mom huge mesws with additional problems. then wed i get a call from the girls mother that after she got off the phone with her law gaurdian the girl said if she had to see him again she would kill him and hurt herself. well i tell supervisor and like i thought we need to send her to the hospital long story shorter mom didnt take her and i found this out 10 am thurs when i called to follow up. supervisor for internship is away but tells me any emergency call her. no answer. i speak to another supervisor in our other office and she tells me if mom doesnt take her to the hospital i need to call ACS. well after finally convincing mom who thinks no one is listening to her daughter i have to call school 2 social workers and guidance councler arent in and i explain to the secretary its an emergency i need to speak to the principal no u cant shes in a meeting. the whole school is in a fire drill bla bla bla. finally get word to guidance councler that he needs to pull girl out of class and sit with her (he cant find her a girl they know is suicidal and is supposed to watch) then i have to call the er let them know a high risk child is coming in i need to know when she is there. mom finally arrives i think ok i can breath just need to wait until she gets to hospital 20 min later mom shows up at my office. so i tell her the er is waiting for her so she knows that i will know if she doesnt show up. 1:45 hospital calls lets me know they have her. i can breath my supervisor says they most likely will keep her overnight. im eating lunch at 3:30 cause i have so much paper work i had to do and i get from the mother the girl was discharged and shes on her way to the office. :huh: i of course need to see her cause i need to *kitten* if shes suicidal/homocidal my supervisor is telling me to call the er asap why did they let this girl go so fast. i call and the child psych has the nerve to tell me several time this girl is depressed needs to see our psychiatrist asap and i need to write a letter to the courts saying the child should not see her fatehr its harming her. aaaaaaaaaah finally another social worker comes to do the assesment with me cause remember im a FIRST YEAR INTERN and my supervisor is no where to be found. and then we have to send this girl 50 min away to our other office because our doc doesnt see kids. then i got to call the er have them send all the paper work to us im on the phone 30 min and faxing and its after 6 which is when i leave. and its 6:45 and the supervisor says u know our doc thinks she doesnt need to be seen i said ur kidding right this kid is on her way ive been here later then i should hes gonna see her. the end of this part is i was there 1 hour and half later then i should have been drained didnt eat all day and was on the phone with hospital and everyone else. AT this point is when i get home and want junk food and my parents are at a wedding....then fri morn 8 am i get to internship i have to call the hospital cause i never got the paper work back and forth to the hospital cause the numbers are wrong the departments are wrong and i have no idea who got my consent form cause apparently the guy i spoke to who got them doesnt exhist. i also have the other suicidal cient at 10 am . so after he leaves (and mind u it was snowing so there was some happiness to my day) i have to get everything done by one cause thats when i leave and have to go home. i call the doc at hospital convince him to help me and to write a letter to the courts how he felt. by 1 i cant leave cause i got to finish all the paper work so my intershuip supervisor can see it on mon. i follow up with mom she says the girl was good last night understood we were all trying to help her. finally the i dont know what to call her calls my supervisor cause she thinks its important as does the other supervisor that i speak with her and tell her what happend. and you know what she yelled at me for bothering her on her vacation (even though she said to call incase of an emergency and no one knew she was on vacation) wouldnt let me tell her this and then i give her to the other women who she yells at for bother her. well after all this stress it happens i cry i never cry at work but there it was. one of the head social workers took me in her office to talk said i did the right thing and she had no right to yell at me especially after all i did. by 2 im still there doing paper work i finish it all at about 3:15 scarf on and then ring ring its my clients mother and shes in a panic of course i sutpidly take the call and she tells me the childs lawyer thinks mom is lying cause the child never told her she cant be near dad finally after the other supervisor tells me to call lawyer and if shes not in leave a message to call my supervisor. it rings and thank god for small favors i get the machine and fly out of the office. needless to say last night i crashed and today after lunch i crashed and im still tired.

sorry for the long story but i needed u all to understand where i was and still am at.
    [/quote]
  • hopetobeinshape
    Options
    It's getting pretty lonely around here :frown: :frown:
  • Kristihgp
    Kristihgp Posts: 49
    Options
    Whew-hew!!! Monday morning...almost weigh-in time!! :wink:

Kacee called this morning, I gave her your messages!! Made her feel really good!! We are hoping to go up and see her this weekend!!

She was, however, concerned about Miss Resa!! Has anyone heard from her privately?? I guess the volcano erupted there in Alaska...don't know if she is even near it, but it wouldn't hurt for us all to keep her and her family in our prayers...they've been through so much this past week already!!

Christine...CONGRATS!!! Another poster child for the name of our group!! LOL!! :happy:

Hope to be in shape...hang in there...it's only for a week, if you gain, knowing all the hard work and clean living you did this week...you'll have an even bigger loss next weigh-in!! Just keep doing what your doing...your body will figure it out!! :tongue:

Mister Sister...Where did you go?? You left your post hanging!! :cry:

Ari...oh girl, you are an inspiration...all of that going on, and you're not giving in!! SOOOO proud of you!! :drinker: YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!
  • MissResa
    Options
    I'm here!!! I couldn't write because our power was down due to the volcano! We're lucky so far, because the ash has been floating in a different direction, but unfortunately it went to the town where out elecric company was run. They shut down power to our entire peninsula. It just came on about 30 minutes ago. Everyone is fine here, and my girls are much better, too. The oldest, the one who had the allergic reaction, is in school and feeling like a million bucks. Thanks for the prayers... The volcano has already erupted 5 times overnight, and I'm not sure if they're going to stop!!! I'll keep you all updated!
  • hopetobeinshape
    Options
    Resa- Im glad your ok! Hopefully the ash continues to go the other way :happy:

Kristi- thanks for the motivation! I really needed it :flowerforyou:
  • thompsons81702
    thompsons81702 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I don't think there is a new thread yet. I have to say this week is not great. Due to AF and my hubby coming home I think I put on 2 lbs. I also bought a new scale and I think my old scale was 3 lbs off. So next week will be the tell all as to how much weight I have lost. Yesterday I got back to counting my calories. I had not been doing that since my hubby came home. I had also eaten out a lot and I am not eating out again at least until next week, maybe two weeks. Anyway see you all in a new thread later today!
  • MissResa
    Options
    I started the new thread... It's Sisterhood HCP Week 10.