do you shower at the gym?

Options
just cause I'm curious....I shower at the gym, 6 days a week (more than I shower at home. When I'm done working out I'm all sweaty and yucky....don't want to put my coat on. And when I get home there is always people who want my attention.

Other than the swimmers, I seem to be the only one who showers...just wondering if it's just me or do others shower at the gym.

Replies

• Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    I did when I went to the University Rec Center. They had individual showers, and I worked out between classes, so I needed to. I think The Y has a group shower, which would be weird and uncomfortable to me.
  • it_be_asin
    it_be_asin Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I shower at the gym, if I do a session where I sweat and I can't get straight home afterwards.
  • seehawkmomma
    Options
    Always. I would not get into clean clothes all gross and sweaty.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I do when I'm going, as you said, you're sweaty... to throw on your "doing whatever comes after the gym" all sweaty would be foolhardy ;)
    The ones that bug me are the ones that use the pool and don't shower first, or worse, walk through the change room, the shower area and come to poolside to strip down to their swimgear... the change-room is there for a reason, so is the shower.
  • quietpotato
    quietpotato Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I shower at the gym! I take my baby to the on-site daycare, so really it's the only time I could possibly shower in complete peace. I love it! I'd pay the price of my gym membership just to have someone watch my kid while I shower!
  • CaseyBee
    CaseyBee Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Ehh, I have a jacket that I always wore to the gym, and would just put it on and hurry home to shower. I don't like lugging all the crap I need to shower at the gym (shampoo, conditioner, soap, makeup, hair dryer, brush etc) and find it much easier to just do it all in the comfort of my own bathroom. Although privacy is nice, it wasn't really a concern since the showers had individual curtains on each stall. For me, it was purely a hassle thing.
  • grapenutSF
    grapenutSF Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    When I have the time, most definitely yes. I actually find it very relaxing and spa-like. I am a mom of a small child, so I *treasure* uninterrupted hot showers.
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I shower some days at the gym when I have a really tough workout and want some relax time. I know when I get home its cooking or cleaning or a quick shower to get class work done or SOMETHING.
  • MrsLawsonNavyBrat2B
    Options
    when i have to go to work right after i shower at the gym. otherwise i get lazy and wear my gym clothes home and shower when i get home. I do not have kids ((besides my pets & hubby lol)) so i can usually get a shower when i get home w/o too much hassle.
  • chicky89
    chicky89 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I go the gym early mornings, and head straight to work, so yes. I shower all the time!
  • jdhosier
    jdhosier Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Most of the time, I shower. Most days, I work out on my lunch break and I sweat... a lot.
  • ryanherbert
    ryanherbert Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I work out during my lunch break so always shower at the gym!
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    My gym is pretty small and has no showers. I don't mind, I just go home to shower. If I had to go to work or something like that afterwards, I'd have found a gym with showers.
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    i go to the gym twice a day and shower both times but i see some ppl mostly women, storm a workout then just get changed and leave. i just could't do it i hate that feeling and to be honest how i smell after a workout i dont get how some ppl can leave minus a shower but get that some people may be nervous or prefer showering at home, especially women
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I have never showered at the gym. I just don't like the idea of it at all. I go home and shower.
  • houstonmacbro
    houstonmacbro Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    just cause I'm curious....I shower at the gym, 6 days a week (more than I shower at home. When I'm done working out I'm all sweaty and yucky....don't want to put my coat on. And when I get home there is always people who want my attention.

Other than the swimmers, I seem to be the only one who showers...just wondering if it's just me or do others shower at the gym.

It really depends. If I have time, I much prefer to go home and shower and use my bathroom (I have strange habits). But I have no problem showering at the gym.

On a related note, people don't JUST shower at the gym. I have seen guys shaving, shaving their head with clippers, cutting fingernails, etc. I am not sure if this is illegal, but it certainly isn't the most hygenic thing I want to be exposed to if I don't have to.

#justsayin
  • houstonmacbro
    houstonmacbro Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    i go to the gym twice a day and shower both times but i see some ppl mostly women, storm a workout then just get changed and leave. i just could't do it i hate that feeling and to be honest how i smell after a workout i dont get how some ppl can leave minus a shower but get that some people may be nervous or prefer showering at home, especially women

Twice a day?!! Wow ... I'm impressed. Where do you find the time ... and energy?
  • Shannonnn92
    Shannonnn92 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I do, I go early in the morning before work or class so I like to shower there instead of running all the way back home.
  • fitnatic67
    Options
    My sweaty *kitten* is not hittin the seats of my ride without showering first! Not gonna happen.
  • ifeelsqueaky
    Options
    I never used to because I lived five minutes walk from the gym so I used to just walk home and shower there. But I'm thinking I may need to start doing it - I now live about 15-20 mins walk from the gym so it's quite a bit further. Up to now though I've just been drying off the sweat, changing clothes, then going home and showering. I am not opposed to the idea of showering at the gym anyway - everyone's way too busy with their own stuff to notice me!

There's quite a few people who shower at my gym btw so you're not alone