Reminder - nothing to do w/ weight loss.... :)

Options
pipinana
pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
Hi everyone! I just wanted to remind everyone to change their batteries in their smoke detectors!!

Friday night, I fell asleep on the couch, and woke up to my dog barking and running around like crazy! When I opened my eyes, I saw why; the entire house was filled with smoke! I thought it was a fire, but thankfully it was only the piping between my wood stove and the chimney that fell off. My husband was out of town, and I couldn't get it up by myself, so I called the FD. They told me that if my dog hadn't woken me up I would not be here.... The batteries in my smoke detectors were out, and the CO2 level was enough to kill....

I just wanted to pass the word along.... You know what they say, when we spring ahead, you need to check the old smoke detectors!

:heart: C

Replies

• pipinana
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just wanted to remind everyone to change their batteries in their smoke detectors!!

Friday night, I fell asleep on the couch, and woke up to my dog barking and running around like crazy! When I opened my eyes, I saw why; the entire house was filled with smoke! I thought it was a fire, but thankfully it was only the piping between my wood stove and the chimney that fell off. My husband was out of town, and I couldn't get it up by myself, so I called the FD. They told me that if my dog hadn't woken me up I would not be here.... The batteries in my smoke detectors were out, and the CO2 level was enough to kill....

I just wanted to pass the word along.... You know what they say, when we spring ahead, you need to check the old smoke detectors!

:heart: C
  • ttoombs
    ttoombs Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    You were lucky and thank God your dog was there. I will remember to check mine tonight, thanks for the reminder. :flowerforyou:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    OMGosh, so thankful your puppy woke you!!!!!!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reminder. I'm glad you're ok, that's scary! Give that precious dog a special treat. :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Wow, thanks for the reminder! I'm so glad you and your pup are okay! Toss that good boy a bone!
  • pipinana
    Options
    :smile: Thanks guys! Yes I'm definitely thankful to still be here and especially to be logging my calories still! :tongue:

Yup, Medusa got a gigantic bone on Saturday! I think it was about 1/2 as big as her! hahhaa.
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    WTG Madusa!!!!! And people wonder why we love our pets????

I am so glad that both of you are okay and you didn't lose your home.

God bless Madusa!!!!

Memaw
  • pipinana
    Options
    WTG Madusa!!!!! And people wonder why we love our pets????

I am so glad that both of you are okay and you didn't lose your home.

God bless Madusa!!!!

Memaw

:smile: Thanks Memaw! :flowerforyou: