5'6 ladies?

Options
What are your GW/SW/CW?

I'm just curious. also would you consider yourself to have a sm/med/lrg body frame?

I'd say I have a small body frame and I want to weigh 118. My starting weight was 150, i'm not sure what i weigh now, im not weighing until later in the week when my bloating from my period goes away :/ sorry if thats TMI to some people. it's the truth though. water retention during my period is just terrible. i'm like a big water balloon. ANYWAY! enough with my rambling, does 118lb on a small-framed 5'6 lady pretty good of a goal? what are your goals?

Replies

• christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I am a bit taller than you but I have not set weight goals as of yet. I really just want to be healthy and comfortable in my skin. I am a naturally curvy person. Even when I loose weight I still have a thick butt and thighs I don't see that changing so for me I don't think its going to be a specific weight. Numbers are numbers ya know? Matter of fact every doctor, health care professional or friend that knows how much I weigh has said to me but you dont look like you weigh that much... Mind you I am a BIG girl but the way I am designed has me carrying the weight in a way that it just does not appear as if I am carrying that amount of weight. So even if I set a number it probably would not be realistic. So its go with the flow and see where I am comfortable and happy. :)
  • anonymousthin
    Options
    I'm 5'7 something (close enough haha) and my goal weight is either 117 pounds or 115, whichever I feel more comfortable with. I might even like 120! I'm 126 pounds now, stuck in my last 10 pounds, ugh!
  • Lululucyloo
    Options
    What are your GW/SW/CW?

I'm just curious. also would you consider yourself to have a sm/med/lrg body frame?

I'd say I have a small body frame and I want to weigh 118. My starting weight was 150, i'm not sure what i weigh now, im not weighing until later in the week when my bloating from my period goes away :/ sorry if thats TMI to some people. it's the truth though. water retention during my period is just terrible. i'm like a big water balloon. ANYWAY! enough with my rambling, does 118lb on a small-framed 5'6 lady pretty good of a goal? what are your goals?
    My start weight was 152 not sure if I have lost anything after 2 weeks might weigh myself today my goal weight is 118 and I am 5'6 :smile:
  • valerietoxii
    valerietoxii Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6. GW: 135 CW:178 SW:211

I gained a ton of weight during pregnancy. I wish now I would have taken better care of myself. I have a large frame, I was once down to 150 and could see my ribs, so we will see if I actually make it to 135.
  • Jaradel
    Jaradel Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I would put myself in the "average-to-stocky-frame" category. When I was 14, I weighed about 140, and I was as thin as I've ever been. Not sickly-thin, but in-shape thin. I had spent that whole summer riding bikes with my best friend and eating less (unintentionally), and it showed. I can also say that in my 35 years I've never broken a bone - and it wasn't for lack of opportunity! I'm shooting for about 150 now, and at that point I'll focus more on adding muscle and defining what I have rather than trying to lose more weight.
  • jeangirl928
    jeangirl928 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6 as well. My SW was 134. My original goal weight was 125. It took me about 2 1/2 months to get there. Now I fluctuate between 125-126. However, I still am not quite happy with the way I look. I want to drop about 3-5 more lbs and get more tone. I would say I have a medium frame.

10951239.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • ShapingAgnes
    ShapingAgnes Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6. I have a medium to large build. My starting weight was 275. My current weight is 219. My goal weight isnt set in stone yet. I really just want to get under 200 pounds and then I will go from there. I have it set at 185 but that could change with what I look and feel like.
  • ashleighk90
    ashleighk90 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Also 5'6. =]

SW: 176.6
    CW: 144.6
    GW: 125
    Frame: Medium (fairly narrow hips, but fairly broad shoulders...)

I weighed 125 at one point in my life, but it was not a toned, healthy 125. I was pretty thin but still had a bit of a tummy. Not horribly, but I didn't like it. Hoping I will be happy around 125 but we'll see. Definitely need to work on toning when I get closer to goal. =]
  • gabbymom2
    gabbymom2 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hi....
    Well I am 5' 6", with a GW 135. CW 155. Think I have a medium frame with a small waist, but bigger hips and legs. I wouldn't look right if I was smaller than that...but sure feel better about myself when I am in the 140's. Good luck!:blushing:
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    5ft 5.4

SW192
    CW 139
    GW 122

Would say small/medium frame
  • alix1105
    Options
    aww you and i are in the exact same bracket... 5'6... SW: 158LBS. CW: 156Lbs GW: 130Lbs :)
  • silentnacht
    Options
    5'6"

HW: 144
    SW: 138
    CW: 126
    GW: I don't have one. I'm happy with my size right now (US size 4, waist measurement of 26"), I just want to add more muscle and lower my body fat percentage, which will probably end with me weighing more, but looking even better. :smile:

I have a small frame and narrow-ish hips, but I'm naturally top-heavy.
  • Metsfn4life
    Metsfn4life Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" pretty large frame. Starting weight was 168, current weight is 143. My goal is 138.
  • rougette66
    rougette66 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    well I'm pretty sure i have a larger frame, so I'm mainly looking to lower my body fat and tone up all over.
    right now: SW-180
    GW-140
    Eventually I hope to get there so hopefully it'll happen by the summer :)
  • Mako4761
    Options
    I'm 5'6 with a medium to large frame. My lightest was 127 and my heaviest has been 210. I am in the military and I weighed 150 lbs coming out of basic training but I was about 4 sizes smaller than when I started training and felt better than I did at 127. I'm currently 185 and feel very strong but I know I have a lot of fat to lose, but I don't think with the new muscle I have that I will get to 127 again. Strong is the new skinny. If you feel good at 118 then shoot for that, but if you feel good at 130 or whatever it could all just be muscle. Its whatever you want... skinny, toned, strong, healthy, etc.
  • denise_earheart
    Options
    I am 5'7 goal weight 140 pounds .. around a size 9/10 I don't think for my height there is any need to be smaller than that... at 125 pounds I looked too thin
  • swood0114
    Options
    I'm 5'6" with a medium sized frame. I'm currently about 158 and would like to get down to about 140. Honestly I can't imagine weighing any less than that... it's probably because I have quite a booty (which i NEVER want to lose all of) and my lower half is super muscular (and always has been/always will be/all the women in my family built the same way. Then again I train a lot and played field hockey for a while.
  • ksyrnyk
    ksyrnyk Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6, and 46 years old. Ideally, I would like to be 130 pounds. At this weight, Iwould most likel.y have a 24 inch waist., 36 around the bust, and 35 around the hips. That's where I have been in the past, and where I feel comfortable. I carry my weight more heavily, and people are always surprised with what my true weight is, thinking I would be lighter. I am not. We are all a little different. Picking a goal weight is really dependent upon your body type, and not always something you can model off another person. Good luck with your program!!
  • MissSharkattack
    MissSharkattack Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    HT: 5'6 SW:280 CW:235 GW:150
    I probably have a med-large frame.
  • sew1222
    sew1222 Posts: 241
    Options
    I'm
    5'6
    SW
    CW