Flat/shapeless calves - is it possible to build them up?

Options
And make them shapely and still feminine for women??

Replies

• Lanna74
    Lanna74 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    bump --anyone??
  • tangal88
    tangal88 Posts: 689
    Options
    calf raises and squats with dumbells or kettlebells can help reshape your legs and calves. Youy are limited to an extent by your genetics, but you can certainly work with, and help improve what you do have.

Many morte exercises listed below

http://www.divine.ca/en/fitness-and-nutrition/exercise-finder/c_266/?do=by_part&part_id=6&muscle_id=
  • FabMrFox
    FabMrFox Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Run in vibrams.....
  • Lanna74
    Options
    Thanks Tangal88. I'll definitely try the exercises on that site. =)
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Veal or human legs?
  • theheatwave2001
    Options
    Yes! I have some Vibrams and wow if you've never worn anything like them you will need to start slowly! My calves were feeling amazing after a few hours of walking around in them. Not to mention my feet started to get stronger too(I know weird right?)
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Yes, to some degree. I used to think my legs were just tree trunk shaped and there was nothing I could do about it, but 15 min walking a day gave me much better ankles and some more exercise (Zumba, yoga, walking and stationary bike) has helped to generally make my legs more shapely.

Still, I am naturally an hourglass shape so my arms and legs are where I store fat. I don't think they'll every be my best feature, but that's fine, I have other good features. :smile:
  • bella_babe_86
    bella_babe_86 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    There are tons of workouts that work your calves but honestly, standing on your tip toes will help build them up slightly and it doesnt take a huge workout. Certain yoga poses help also like the chair pose.
  • nicoleandersen
    nicoleandersen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I agree. I run in vibrams and they are awesome for my calves!
  • SusanMcAvoy
    SusanMcAvoy Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I built my calves back up by walking with Leslie Sansone. I've been walking with her since last March. My legs look so much better! Good luck with what ever works for you :flowerforyou:
  • Lanna74
    Options
    Looking up what Vibrams are....

.....ooohhh, those things! I don't see on the website that they specifically help the calves.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Classic

shoes_iaec1223515.jpg