36 year old mom trying to lose 55 lbs. needs support

Options
akmett
akmett Posts: 75 Member
I am a 36 year old wife and mom of 4 who has 55+ lbs. to lose. I just started this journey last night after realizing that I weigh as much as I did the day I delivered triplets!!! My biggest struggles are making time to exercise, having a husband who is a great cook (and although I love him, not very supportive), and eating what the kids don't finish. Any one interested in some mutual support or have any advise?

Replies

• pixiexxgirl
    Options
    You can add me! I can give support and advice when needed!!

I find it easiest to work out after my nephew has gone to bed, its easier to do without having a little one running around your feet when your boxing! lol.

Start out slow and dont over do yourself, with help and support you'll reach your goal!
  • SOUL1SISTA
    SOUL1SISTA Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey..Welcome. what I would suggest, from experience is....Since the hubby is a great cook, eat with porportion in mind. Start slow, instead of two pieces of something eat 1. If the leftovers is a problemo freeze them for quick meals later. I've been doing this for 2 weeks and believe it or not, I've lost 10 pounds. Then suggest or buy<whomever does the shopping>lots of veggies. Try to move away from the pastas/sauces..If you can get whole wheat, try it..Also try to incorporate some exercise. I'm sure your day is busy with the kiddies, but do something fun. Go for a walk<in place if you have to>, or try a new dvd, just try to get moving..Promise it will make you feel better. Water, water, water, spiked with lemon juice..Delicious...And last but not least, treat yourself, if only for a quiet evening, for all of your hardwork. Its slow progress but very noticeable. Stick with it and you will be on your way. Leave the scale alone, focus on how you feel...Know that there are others, like me that are on this journey, rooting and with you...I need to loose 55+, but it will not happen over night, but I'm starting to enjoy the hardwork. :) Shrinking before you know it...
  • ronda1966
    ronda1966 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You can add me to your list. I'm a 45 yr old mother of 2 boys 27 & 20 and sometimes a 10 yr boy, BF son. Last year at this time I was on my way to lose 30+ pounds but the BF came off the road of trucking. It was hard to workout with him there every night and fixing meals again every night. When he was on the road I could get my workout in as soon as I got home from work then fix my dinner. Well, needless to say I put 20 of those pounds back on! Well, I joined a biggest loser club with my sister-in-law and it has me pumped this time. I told the BF "I'm going to lose this weight and he is going have to deal me working out and eat healthier!" He says he wants to lose to but he doesn't try very hard. He is behind me in losing weight and has agreed to eat what I fix for dinner. As for shopping, I do the shopping and I get plenty of fresh veggies & fruit. I also like to get the drink packets for water. We eat alot of chicken, turkey & fish. Once in awhile we will have red meat. I'm always up for suggestions or if you need help let me know.