Has anyone tried Sensa?

Options
Hi I went to GNC to get my monthly protein shakes and the sales lady gave me some packets of Sensa. It's a sugar or salt packets, thought maybe some one has tried them and if they have what results did they get?
I read a little about it it just says to sprinkle it on your food either it's salty or use the packet that says sweet for sweeter foods.
it's says we lose weight by using them mmmmm to good to be true ?

Replies

• Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
  • kateroot
    kateroot Posts: 435
    Options
    Too good to be true. If any of these gimmicks worked, nobody would be fat.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Rubbish.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Options
    They say what it's made of on the website, which I find shocking.
    SENSA® contains Maltodextrin (Derived from Corn from the USA), Tricalcium Phosphate, Silica, Natural and Artificial Flavors. SENSA® also contains Soy and Milk ingredients. SENSA® is sodium-free, sugar-free, calorie free, gluten-free, and there are no stimulants, drugs or MSG.

So somehow if you combine some artificial sweeteners and food additives it equals automatic weight loss?
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    I have some pixie dust!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    SENSA® contains Maltodextrin (Derived from Corn from the USA), Tricalcium Phosphate, Silica, Natural and Artificial Flavors. SENSA® also contains Soy and Milk ingredients. SENSA® is sodium-free, sugar-free, calorie free, gluten-free, and there are no stimulants, drugs or MSG.

So somehow if you combine some artificial sweeteners and food additives it equals automatic weight loss?

Isnt silica whats in those little packets you find in shoe boxes and stuff that says "DO NOT EAT" all over it?
  • Photoology
    Photoology Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I have some pixie dust!

Oh will that also make me fly?
  • erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I have some pixie dust!

lemme borrow some!!
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options

Isnt silica whats in those little packets you find in shoe boxes and stuff that says "DO NOT EAT" all over it?

Maybe that's why you supposedly will lose weight - because it's toxic. :laugh:
  • LMHinson15
    LMHinson15 Posts: 201 Member
    Options

It sure is!
    It's a drying agent.
    Scary!
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Options

Silica gel is non-toxic, non-flammable, and non-reactive and stable with ordinary usage. It will react with hydrogen fluoride, fluorine, oxygen difluoride, chlorine trifluoride, strong acids, strong bases, and oxidizers.[6] Silica gel is irritating to the respiratory tract and may cause irritation of the digestive tract, and dust from the beads may cause irritation to the skin and eyes, so precautions should be taken.[8]

Thanks Wikipedia. :)
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Sensa is WONDERFUL......

.......for the scammers who make and market this worthless crud....:noway:
  • mariiarocci
    Options
    I used Sensa and LOVED it! However, I am fully aware that it is totally and completely a placebo drug designed to make you THINK that you're full... when really the Sensa powder has nothing to do with it. Although it is a big scam, it did work for me.

I just recommend saving yourself a TON of money and practice portion control without the unnecessary powder. You can do it :)
  • runbyme
    runbyme Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Well, I suppose death would be fairly slimming! Good grief!

14340662.png
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Options
    Before we get too alarmist here, as was stated, it's non-toxic. They're not trying to kill people. Just market a placebo drug as not being a placebo.

http://www.chow.com/food-news/53783/what-happens-if-you-eat-one-of-those-silica-gel-packets/
  • rebel9
    rebel9 Posts: 16
    Options
    Silica is sand. The only reason I could see it being in there is that it might swell up when it gets into your stomach, causing you to have less room to be filled with calorie laden food.

Not sure if this is the case, just a guess. But silica is sand. Or quartz if it has been under the right amount of heat and pressure for a long time.
  • prbyjennyd
    prbyjennyd Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm in my second month and am on the fence about it. I often forget to "sprinkle", and when I do, sometimes it works and other times it doesn't. I have found that if I use it consistently that it makes my tongue feel scratchy... like a cats!

At this point, I wouldn't recommend it to friend, and am considering returning it. I am sure it will be a hot mess of hoops to jump through!
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Too good to be true. If any of these gimmicks worked, nobody would be fat.

Exactly! everyone would be buying it!