Music?

Options
Hey everyone,
So i am a big runner and am getting sick of listening to the same music all the time...anyone have music you could recommend that you really like to work out to?

Replies

• blum0133
    blum0133 Posts: 88
    Options
    Hey everyone,
    So i am a big runner and am getting sick of listening to the same music all the time...anyone have music you could recommend that you really like to work out to?
  • hartkid13
    hartkid13 Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    I like working out to Celtic Rock. It is upbeat and the beat is fast enough to match with your feet many times. Flogging Molly or Dropkick Murphys.
  • pepamint83
    pepamint83 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    i walk so thankfully i decided to get an iPod (must get if u dont have) i have a playlist specifically for walking the thing is ima girl and like girly songs but i got a whole mix (most have a beat so i can walk to it) that i can tell you (ill leave out the non beat ones but the ones i like to walk to)

1. 4 minutes to save the world - madonna and justin timberlake
    2. Beautiful girls - sean kingston
    3. (ok dont laugh i put it on cause of the beat) bye bye bye - n'sync
    4. Dessert Rose - Sting
    5. Dirty Little Secret - The all american rejects
    6. Fighter - christiana aguilera
    7. glamorous - fergie
    8. Here it Goes Again - Ok Go
    9. hot'N Cold - katie perry
    10. i get knocked down - chumbawumba
    11. keeps gettin better - christina aguilera
    12. lifestyles of the rich and the famous - good charlotte
    13. lose yourself - eminem
    14. (good beat but dont judge) mambo number 5 - lou bega
    15. mercy - duffy
    16. miss independant - kelly carkson
    17. one week - barenaked ladies
    *18. right round - flo rida (great beat one of my favs to walk fast too)

i have over 500 songs but thats just one of my walking lists if you want more let me know i got some great ones my brother recommended and let me know wat you think of this list.

a good music list keeps you pumped and keeps you going. good luck :flowerforyou:
  • astarte09
    astarte09 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I think it all depends on your style..I like listening to the stuff I LOVE like:

Goldfinger
    Warner Drive
    Youth Brigade
    Vandals
    Pennywise
    Rancid
    Suicial
    Unseen
    guns and roses
    journey

My list goes on forever..
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Here are a few of my favorites to run to....

Britney Spears - Womanizer, Gimme More, Circus
    Rhianna - Dysturbia, Dont Stop the Music, Live your Life
    Linkin Park/Jay Z - Numb/Encore
    Linkin Park - What I've done
    Eminem - Crack a Bottle
  • marisa0918
    marisa0918 Posts: 178
    Options
    I listen to christina aguilera fighter then after that I am pretty much a metal head.... I love disturbed, some rob zombie, some slipknot. Metal is really the only music that really pumps me up
  • Tamrahan
    Tamrahan Posts: 29
    Options
    I just recently downloaded Cardio Coach Volumes 1 through 8 to my Ipod after hearing all the members at CatheNation.com raving about Cardio Coach for the past year or so. And i must say these are really good workouts- great driving music but also he gives you challenges ie:hills, sprints etc.
  • Kimono
    Kimono Posts: 367
    Options
    I have a lot of Justin Timberlake, Rhianna, Pink, Britney Spears, Maroon 5, Super Chick, Gwen Stefani and Prince. But I am always searching for different music too.
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I think I am going to get some off of Powermusic.com They do have downloads or you can buy the cds. My step teacher has some great music that I really like and that is where she says she gets them from.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I love all kinds of music but lately I have found that listening to House Music really gets me going when I'm running or elliptical-ing. It has such a good upbeat that makes it easy to keep pace to. I love it!!:bigsmile:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    I like cardio coach and podrunner for running because of the steady beats.
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    I love all kinds of music but lately I have found that listening to House Music really gets me going when I'm running or elliptical-ing. It has such a good upbeat that makes it easy to keep pace to. I love it!!:bigsmile:

90's house music is amazing to work out to! :flowerforyou:
  • delerbygirl
    Options
    When working out, I listen to a lot of Janet Jackson, *****cat Dolls, Black Eyed Peas, Justin Timberlake, No Doubt, and Outkast New Kids have a song on their newest album called "Twisted", and I love that beat.
  • blum0133
    blum0133 Posts: 88
    Options
    Thanks a lot for all the responses! I am pretty open to whatever when it comes to music so I will def check out all the suggestions!
  • Kimono
    Kimono Posts: 367
    Options
    How could I forget about Beyonce! All the Single Ladies!!
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    When working out, I listen to a lot of Janet Jackson, *****cat Dolls, Black Eyed Peas, Justin Timberlake, No Doubt, and Outkast New Kids have a song on their newest album called "Twisted", and I love that beat.

That made me :laugh: