px90 or 30 day shred?

Options
So I'm not at a point I can do hardcore aerobics just yet, but hopefully soon. But what do I get?

I'd like to get beachbody yoga and brazil butt lift.

Next would be either 30 day shred or px90. Just not sure which one of those. Or do I need to get both? Financially, 30 day shred is so much easier, but I want to be tone all over eventually. So I thought px90 would do a better job of that. I don't want to do aerobics for than thirty minutes a day because of time issues.

Along with the aerobics, I will be using a stairmaster and weight machines for problem areas. I'm also extremely uncoordinated so I need to take that into account.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• meanface1
    meanface1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    If you are limited on time, try 30 day shred. It is only 20 minutes long but the results you will get are amazing. P90X is longer, I believe it is 45 min- 60min/day. 30 day shred is no walk in the park, but I was not in very good shape when I started and I managed to finish the 30 days. I am now starting my second round. You can modify if you need to and still get good results. I never could do any of the planks, and I also modified some of the plyo moves.
  • lucentabella
    lucentabella Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I tried P90X when I was in pretty good shape. It's rough. It takes a good 1-2 hours to complete it (depends on that day's program). I had to give it up b/c my wrists became too sore. It's very strenuous.
  • jwcabell
    Options
    Thanks! I don't have time for an hour two of aerobics, even if it is high impact. 30 day shred is soooo much cheaper too!
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    This was a great question; I was wondering about both of those as well, and have decided to go with the 30 day shred for when I need to break a weight plateau.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I get the impression that p90 is probably a harder program. 30DS works well for beginners (it's tough, but doable) but you can up the intensity by picking up bigger weights or doing your level twice in a row in stead of once OR doing multiple levels back to back. And you know, it's only $9. LOL