so what is up with my obsession with.......

i have a number of obsessions (fatty foods, wine, and SUGAR!!) and most are NO good for me so I try to refrain as much as possible.

I find that most things that I crave really come down to my sugar addiction. I get it and i know i have to stay away from or i gain weight.

but i have one other obsession that is apparently not bad for me....or is it???

I have been in LOVE with vinegar since i was a small child. I love anything that contains vinegar- anything pickled, hot sauce, white vinegar, brown vinegar, balsamic vinegar etc etc. my mouth actually waters sometimes in anticipation of putting it in my mouth.

so...i am wondering....is there anything about vinegar that would make me crave it the way i do and is there anything about it that could be bad for me. It is such a big part of my diet and i would hate to think that i am eating so much of something if it isn't good for me.

thanks in advance for any input. :)

Replies

• ki4yxo
    ki4yxo Posts: 709 Member
    i have a number of obsessions (fatty foods, wine, and SUGAR!!) and most are NO good for me so I try to refrain as much as possible.

I find that most things that I crave really come down to my sugar addiction. I get it and i know i have to stay away from or i gain weight.

but i have one other obsession that is apparently not bad for me....or is it???

I have been in LOVE with vinegar since i was a small child. I love anything that contains vinegar- anything pickled, hot sauce, white vinegar, brown vinegar, balsamic vinegar etc etc. my mouth actually waters sometimes in anticipation of putting it in my mouth.

so...i am wondering....is there anything about vinegar that would make me crave it the way i do and is there anything about it that could be bad for me. It is such a big part of my diet and i would hate to think that i am eating so much of something if it isn't good for me.

thanks in advance for any input. :)

That's my main downfall as well. I just went to the fridge,
    and looked at the Balsamic Vinegar, and it really doesn't
    look that bad to me. It only has 2 mg of sodium! I think I
    just found my replacement for pickles! Just take a half
    shot of Balsamic! As for the wine, I just add it in MFP.

May be someone else has some info if Balsamic is bad.
    Reading the label, I can't find anything wrong with it.

By the way, just thinking of vinegar, or pickles, makes my
    mouth water as well.