How many times a day do you eat?

Options
13»

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I know that it is best to eat little bits every couple of hours but I can't seem to do that at my job... So I eat only 3x per day...sometimes depending on the size of my lunch and or dinner I will allow a 4th time with a small snack... On days that I run it is always 4-5x...but not huge meals, always small.

It doesn't matter when you eat your calories-- eat when it works for you.

I usually eat about 5x per day- 3 regular meals and a couple of snacks. Sometimes I miss breakfast and add an extra snack.
  • melissainez85
    Options
    three meals and one snack
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I eat 6 small meals a day.
  • BuffLoveWinning
    BuffLoveWinning Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    4-6 times... My schedule changes a lot work so I try to eat at the same times or I'll shift the hours back but it's always 2-3 hours apart from meal snack meal etc
  • dfborders
    dfborders Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I eat at least 3 times a day and try to have at least 2 snacks (in between each meal).
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Nutrient timing is just preference.

I eat all the time. 7 times a day. Breakfast, morning snack, lunch, 2 different afternoon snacks, dinner, evening snack.
  • eayal002
    eayal002 Posts: 186
    Options
    about 6 times with some protein shakes and other supplements in between, but I'm on put weight mode right now. But even when going the other way you should eat 4 to 6 small meals a day. Keeps your body going and working, burning those calories. Have to feed it to loose it if that makes sense.

At least one of those try to eat an hour before your workout, make sure you have plenty of energy to get max from your workout. I didn't follow that tonight, hadn't eaten in 4 hours went to lift and 30 minutes into it I was on empty, felt the difference. After your workout eat 30 to 45 minutes after, your body continues to burn calories well after you are done with cardio or muscles are looking for nutrients to begin healing if you are lifting.
  • meshelman
    Options
    I eat 3 meals, an afternoon snack, and an evening snack. Usually set times. Breakfast about 10AM, lunch at noon, snack at 3PM, dinner at 7PM, and top it off with cheerios and soy milk in the evening. The set times and intervals keep me from getting hungry, before I get hungry and impulse eat.
  • vypeters
    vypeters Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    On a routine, 5 times a day: Breakfast, early lunch, mid afternoon, dinner and a small protein snack a couple hours before bedtime.
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    5-6x...

breakfast before 8
    snack around 10:30
    lunch at 12:30
    snack around 4:30
    dinner between 7-8
    sometimes, only sometimes, a snack before bed
  • ppenton
    ppenton Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I eat something 6 times a day. Usually, breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, supper, snack. This way I am not starving and eating often helps me lose more weight. My nutritionist taught me this.
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I'm a grazer, so every couple hours. It's rare when I eat less than 4 times a day. It's usually 5 or 6 times.
  • p0stdramatic
    Options
    Anywhere from 3 to 8. Depends on the day, and how much working out I'm doing.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    once or twice. I might have a snack before bed too if i feel that my protein is too low.
  • mshortcake622
    mshortcake622 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I eat about 5 meals a day. 3 meals and 2 snacks.
  • sarahness
    sarahness Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I have a set schedule monday thru friday when i eat. i eat at 9 am, 11 am, 12 30 pm, 3 pm then I go home and have dinner around 6 pm. I work during the day so I like to have 2 snacks and then 2 meals. On the weekends I usually sleep in half the day so I only eat like 3 times a day on the weekends.
  • jfluchere
    jfluchere Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    At least 6
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    2 - 5 times per day
  • MelissaJ20
    Options
    4-6 times...usually 6 :)
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I am a creature of ritual, so I usually eat at the same times every day. If I don't, I feel funny. I have to sleep at the same time every night too.

Anyway, typically eat three times a day, but sometimes I have a snack. I don't do well on the "6 small meals a day" because I want to eat more than 200 calories in a sitting. I usually don't get hungry between meals if I planned the meals with nutritious food.