Pork Chop Recipe

Options
mishzeidan
mishzeidan Posts: 20 Member
Anybody have a good low calorie enexspensive recipe for pork Chops?

Replies

• mishzeidan
    mishzeidan Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Anybody have a good low calorie enexspensive recipe for pork Chops?
  • jyrowe34
    jyrowe34 Posts: 7
    Options
    Try this one it looks good. I included the website below in case you need some more ideas.

From EatingWell Magazine January/February 2009 -- Subscribe Now!
    USER RATING ADD A COMMENT | PRINT THIS RECIPE | SEND TO A FRIEND | ADD TO MY EATINGWELL
    NUTRITION PROFILE:
    High Calcium
    VIEW COMPLETE NUTRITION GUIDELINES »
    The classic Cuban sandwich inspired this recipe. The original is made with ham, roasted pork, Swiss cheese and pickles pressed and griddled between two pieces of soft white bread. Our version cuts down on the meat and is served on a soft whole-wheat bun. Feel free to press it in a panini maker to make it crispy. Serve with vinegary coleslaw.

Makes 4 servings

ACTIVE TIME: 30 minutes

TOTAL TIME: 30 minutes

EASE OF PREPARATION: Easy

4 4-ounce boneless pork chops, 1/2 inch thick, trimmed
    2 thin slices Swiss cheese (1 ounce each), cut in half
    4 dill pickle sandwich slices
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
    1 tablespoon canola oil
    4 whole-wheat hamburger buns, toasted
    2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
    4 slices tomato
    2 romaine lettuce leaves, cut in half

1. Cut each pork chop nearly in half horizontally, stopping short of the opposite side. Open each chop and place between sheets of plastic wrap. Pound with a meat mallet or heavy skillet until flattened to an even thickness, slightly thicker than 1/8 inch.
    2. Place a piece of cheese and a pickle slice on one side of each flattened chop. Fold the chop over the filling, closing it like a book. Press the edges firmly together to seal. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
    3. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the stuffed chops, reduce heat to medium and cook until golden brown and cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
    4. To assemble sandwiches, spread the toasted buns with mustard and top each with a pork chop, tomato slice and lettuce.

NUTRITION INFORMATION: Per serving: 353 calories; 15 g fat (5 g sat, 6 g mono); 79 mg cholesterol; 25 g carbohydrate; 29 g protein; 4 g fiber; 612 mg sodium; 522 mg potassium.
    Nutrition bonus: Calcium (19% daily value), Magnesium (16% dv), Potassium (15% dv).
    1 1/2 Carbohydrate Servings
    Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 3 lean meat, 1 fat

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/stuffed_pork_sandwich.html
  • kendallalissa
    Options
    This looks AWESOME! I wrote it down!
  • clk238
    clk238 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    (optional) marinade the chops in a brine or apple cider for a day or so before baking. sautee onions and some chopped garlic in apple cider until soft and most of the cider has evaporated. serve onions on top of the chop. add half or 1/4 a baked sweet potato and a salad w/ mustard vinagrette(white balsalmic vinegar, tiny bit of EVOO, and coarse mustard)

serve chop with coarse mustard if needed for extra flavor.

not sure of cals this is just something i whip up from time to time, but i'm sure it'd be easy to add up piecemeal, and onions are practically nothing. go heavy on the salad (and use only a tiny bit of evoo)!

ps i was not a fan of pork until i discovered brining. Also good for turkeys, chicken, basically any other meat.