How much did you lose in the first week?

Options

Replies

• Kerchinga
    Kerchinga Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    lost 7lb in my first week, its the next weigh in tonight so fingers crossed x Im hoping for 2lb :)
  • fimary
    fimary Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    11 lbs in 19 days, but it always slows down after the third week, this is where i struggle to keep going
  • twilightsm
    Options
    I lost 6lbs in the first week...
  • shanighias
    shanighias Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    4 kg first week 0.5 kg on average per weel!
  • Jettatastic
    Options
    I'm just finishing up my first week and I've lost 5.2lbs.
  • Tofteberg
    Tofteberg Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I lost 8 lbs the first week without exercise. Then a week with nothing and this week added exercise and am down another pound. I was really getting frustrated. Yesterday I reminded myself that my goal was to loose 5 lbs this month! I'm doing great!!!!
  • jnthwaite
    jnthwaite Posts: 111
    Options
    600g, than 600 g. (1.2 kg)
    So in two weeks, I lost three pounds. Not too shabby.
  • mrsweigl
    mrsweigl Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    This was my first week and i lost 2.2 lbs
  • AprilOneFourFour
    AprilOneFourFour Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    My first weigh in today - I lost 2lbs. I'm really pleased with that. I'd give myself 8 out of 10 for effort, so this week I'll make at least 9 out of 10.
  • ChevyChick88
    ChevyChick88 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I lost 1.4 pounds the first week. Just as a side note, my trainer says it is good/healthy to lose about 2 pounds/week. :smile:
  • beskimoosh
    beskimoosh Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    6lb in the first 5 days, because my weigh in days didn't quite match up to when I started! (Nope, I don't know why I didn't just change the day either since I'm doing this at home)
  • avimoo
    avimoo Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I lost 8 lbs in the first week.

7 lbs in the second week.

15 lbs lost after 2 weeks :)
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I lost 2lbs tthe ffirst week. 1/2lb the second week. In my third week. Hoping the scale will move a little.
  • whtlatina1214
    whtlatina1214 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    i only lost .5lbs first week because i didnt know how to eat healthy lol still learning
  • Poloist12
    Options
    I lost 10 in my first week, but I'm also on Phentermine. I gained 4 back, and recently just lost 3 of the 4 I gained.
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Since the first Sunday of January I have lost 4lbs. Not too bad considering for the first two weeks I didn't really change much. This week I've tracked and exercised so come Sunday I'm hoping for a loss.
  • Bysshe
    Bysshe Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I lost 15.8 pounds in 11 days. But I have been working out more than I have ever worked out, and drinking more water than I have ever drank before, and eating healthier than ever before.
    I am certain half of that was water weight though.
    but yay for the 15.8 pounds!
    Already lost 3 inches on my hips!
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    20lbs in week one...16lbs in week two...36lbs in my first two weeks!:noway:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I havent loss anything...very disaapointing. I have been reading that a few people who have lost a lot in the first week say its water loss...I'm on high blood pressure meds that rids my body of excess water..maybe why I didnt loose.. :huh: I had a few bumps in the road, but stuck to my exercise. Praying the next week looks better.

I also take blood pressure meds and you're right that that can keep you from seeing the water weight results that most people report.

As to what water weight is-- it means that your body is retaining water (from excess sodium, not drinking enough water, or other various reasons) and that the weight you lose (or gain) isn't fat. So that weight can come and go, and often does, but doesn't affect your body fat percentage.
  • Uhmanduh
    Uhmanduh Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I remember I lost 6 lbs the first week. Probably mostly water weight.

Same here... I lost 1.6 lbs the second week so we'll see what happens this week!