Ever embarrassed your kids, purposely or not?

Options
memaw66
memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
I was just sitting here and something made me think of a story that my kids still tell to this day as one of thier most embarrassing moments, being embarrassed by thier parents.

It was summer time in S. Texas. Extremely hot. My daughter had a water bed that had developed a leak and we needed to find out where the little hole was. So we drained it and took it out in the front yard and attached the water hose. We were going to fill it back up just enough to find out where the leak was. Well, we decided to lay on it while it was filling up. Then we found the hole because there was a little spray going over us as we layed on it in the sun. This felt really good in the hot S. Texas heat. So we just proceeded to get all wet (fully clothed) and we were chasing each other around the yard with the hose after we found the leak. Then we heard the bells of the ice cream truck so we just said what the heck, we flagged down the ice cream truck and got our ice creams. Remember, middle of the day in the hot S. Texas weather in May! The ice cream started melting and we had it all over our faces just like little kids do and we were running and playing. People were driving by honking at us telling us to keep having fun! Well, we forgot about the time and all of a sudden our teenagers school bus pulls up in front of the house and all the kids are laughing and pointing at us. Our kids were SO embarrassed. When the bus driver asked if we were thier parents they said NO and made him drop them off at the next stop!!! They will never forget that!!!! And neither will I, it was SOOOOOO much fun!

So, what have you done that has embarrassed your kiddos or how were you embarrassed by your parents????

Replies

• memaw66
    Options
    I was just sitting here and something made me think of a story that my kids still tell to this day as one of thier most embarrassing moments, being embarrassed by thier parents.

It was summer time in S. Texas. Extremely hot. My daughter had a water bed that had developed a leak and we needed to find out where the little hole was. So we drained it and took it out in the front yard and attached the water hose. We were going to fill it back up just enough to find out where the leak was. Well, we decided to lay on it while it was filling up. Then we found the hole because there was a little spray going over us as we layed on it in the sun. This felt really good in the hot S. Texas heat. So we just proceeded to get all wet (fully clothed) and we were chasing each other around the yard with the hose after we found the leak. Then we heard the bells of the ice cream truck so we just said what the heck, we flagged down the ice cream truck and got our ice creams. Remember, middle of the day in the hot S. Texas weather in May! The ice cream started melting and we had it all over our faces just like little kids do and we were running and playing. People were driving by honking at us telling us to keep having fun! Well, we forgot about the time and all of a sudden our teenagers school bus pulls up in front of the house and all the kids are laughing and pointing at us. Our kids were SO embarrassed. When the bus driver asked if we were thier parents they said NO and made him drop them off at the next stop!!! They will never forget that!!!! And neither will I, it was SOOOOOO much fun!

So, what have you done that has embarrassed your kiddos or how were you embarrassed by your parents????
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    :laugh: That's great memaw!
  • CassieNic
    CassieNic Posts: 223
    Options
    that sounds like fun!

my mom was a cougar. i hated it! all my little boyfriends in highschool thought she was hot. :huh: :grumble:
  • memaw66
    Options
    I can see how that would be embarrassing.
  • memaw66
    Options
    When I was a kid, our next door neighbor was a nudist. This was in S. Texas not very accepted. I really felt sorry for his kids. We usually just stayed outside to play!!!! Going over for dinner was not fun!
  • CassieNic
    CassieNic Posts: 223
    Options
    When I was a kid, our next door neighbor was a nudist. This was in S. Texas not very accepted. I really felt sorry for his kids. We usually just stayed outside to play!!!! Going over for dinner was not fun!

:indifferent: yikes.

...well was he cute at least?:laugh: :laugh:
  • memaw66
    Options

:indifferent: yikes.

...well was he cute at least?:laugh: :laugh:
    Not even!! He was about 6'4' old (I think he was already in his 50's or 60's when I was 7 or 8 years old, so me back then he was ANCIENT!) He worked for the rail road so he had a really LOUD voice from yelling over the train noise. He liked for the neighborhood kids to write on him and stuff, really weird! That sort of thing would NEVER be tolerated in this day and age!!!! His son, on the other hand, was HOT!!! lol