Stomach exercises?

Options
So I am fairly new to myfitnesspal. I had lost 4 pounds in a week but pretty much gained it back because of apple pie that my grandmother had to make and my wonderful boyfriend wanting to eat out. I can usually control my eating out but currently I weight 165. I am trying a 5 minute workout to get abs. (I'm not so much focused on the ab part as I am losing a lot of the fat on my stomach. No i'm not fat fat but just have a little belly. I just started doing this 5 minute workout and am going to every day: http://www.youtube.com/user/sixpackshortcuts?v=4uQtPyWkXcc
I eat vegetables on my sandwiches that I make and eat pretty well (besides last week haha)
But does anyone have any tips to get rid of my belly????

Replies

• CMP1154
    Options
    I started doing POP pilates ab workouts. They're relatively short (maybe 8-10 minutes) but are very effective. I started feeling results after about a week. Also, make sure you do enough cardio. You can workout our abs as much as you want, but you won't see any results unless you do cardio to get rid of the excess weight.
    Here is their website for abs: http://blogilates.com/abs
    Here is their website for obliques: http://blogilates.com/obliques-or-muffintops
  • kak2m4
    kak2m4 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Do lots of cardio, it helps burn body fat. Keep working on building muscles, that's important too. Keep eating lots of veggies, and make sure to drink water (not soda).

Good luck!
  • Jljones2787
    Options
    bumpp
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. Where you lose body fat from is genetic. The only way to reduce belly fat is to reduce overall body fat, and eventually you will lose the belly.
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Hip Hop Abs ... Shaun T ! It's an oldie but total goody ! Seriously, it's really motivating, fun and gets nice Abs ! :happy:
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    While you can't spot reduce if you work your obliques it will pull your stomach in. Full contact twist, woodchops, renegade rows, planks, and dead lifts.
  • Richelle07
    Options
    Video looks interesting. Think I'll try it. Thanks for posting :)
  • zoeelizabeths
    zoeelizabeths Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    bump
  • nikolaim5
    nikolaim5 Posts: 233
    Options
    You cannot spot reduce. Lowering you body fat is the only way. When you do any core exercises you are only working the muscles, it has NOTHING to do with the fat on top of the muscles. Build strong muscles over your whole body and they will help consume your fat stores.
  • TURNERKL3
    TURNERKL3 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    COuld you explain a little more on that? Or if you have a link to a website that I could read that would be great.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    There's really not much more to explain. You lose body fat based on genetics, it doesn't matter what kinds of exercises you do. Muscle and fat are two completely different types of tissue, one really has nothing to do with the other.