Alot of Calories Remaining

Options
Ok I need help...I worked out 2 1/2hrs today and I've had dinner already but still have 1000 calories left...I'm over on my Protein by 6g and on Sugar by 41g...I've ate oatmeal, lots of fruit and vegetables and chicken today..I dont know what else to eat...any suggestions?

Replies

• bpurc22
    bpurc22 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    4 tablespoons peanut butter. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • Tonika44137
    Tonika44137 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about eating PB but that will put me over my Protein and Sugar even more..
  • DenverKos
    DenverKos Posts: 182
    Options
    It's kind of late, and I don't think I'd be hungry! Your calories don't have to be eaten tonight - if you're not hungry, eat some tomorrow. And if you're planning on a big workout, be sure to eat more earlier in the day the next time. One night of being that far under calories won't hurt you.

It's more important to keep the big picture in mind. I often have large workouts on the weekends when I have the time to do so, but there's no way I'm going to eat an extra 2000 calories on each of those days. I just spread them out, or don't worry if I'm 50 or 100 calories over a couple of times during the week since I've already burned enough over the weekend.
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    over protein is good
  • Tonika44137
    Tonika44137 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    That makes sense..thank goodness lol..I didnt know how I was going to eat all those calories tonight
  • SoulNeedsBeauty
    SoulNeedsBeauty Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    eat avocado! or make a light salad with olive oil. or eat some cheese=)
  • bpurc22
    bpurc22 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Yeah, if you're at the MFP recommended protein level, you can definitely afford to go over for protein! Carbs (especially simple carbs) provide metabolism spikes that make you feel deathly hungry a few hours later, whereas protein does not and will keep you full. So if you eat extra on protein, no big deal. Your body will most likely break it down and get rid of it. You only get 70% of protein anyway!
  • DenverKos
    DenverKos Posts: 182
    Options
    You're welcome :wink:
  • alison422
    Options
    I often find that I have lots of calories left too especially if I go to the gym that day. Today I only net about 550 calories and I am not hungry. I met almost all of my nutritional goals but I do seem to see that it is really hard to stay under the sugars. I was forcasted by MFP to only get 24 a day. I bumped that up to 30 because it was unattainable to stay under 24. Even still I often seem to be going over a bit. Going over by 41 seems to be a crazy amount to go over. Maybe try to balance out so that youre not going way over on sugars and focus on whole foods with low sugar like vegetables and some dairy products. Processed foods often always have some sugar added. Does anyone else have a problem staying under that sugar content?