Blisters from walking

Options
I have a question. I had a blister on the heel of my foot and it made walking uncomfortable, which is weird because I got it from speed walking. I had to drain it in order to walk at work. I figured I would stop for a few days. Being on my feet wasn't horrible. After a few days, I went speed walking again and the blister filled up and was larger than before so I had to drain it again. It's been well over a week and my blister has got larger and has had to be drained a 4th time. You can see how it gets bigger. It looks like the rings of a tree trunk. I don't want to stop speed walking and it doesn't seem to want to heal. Any suggestions? I am really curious as to why it fills back up again!

Replies

• kessalove
    kessalove Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I get them on my pinky toes. The blister band-aids work awesome on them...they seem to make a new skin on the blister while it heals!!! I have 5 pairs of sneakers and rotate them between work and the gym and still manage to get blisters in the same spot...only 2 of them are the same brand but different materials. I do wear thick socks too but it doesn't seem to help, only having band-aids on my toes helps. I know that I've lost some weight in the width of my feet and have tightened the laces but I'm not narrow enough to have to buy narrow width shoes.
  • clkuchtyn
    clkuchtyn Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Rotating through different shoes helps. It puts pressure of different areas of your feet. So you don't constantly hit that same spot on your foot.