Breakfast ideas!!

Options
Breakfast is one of the hardest meals for me because I am always in a rush!! I need some new ideas for someone that is always on the go early in the morning!! HELP!!!

Replies

• triciaj66
    triciaj66 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    3 Egg whites ,Feta cheese ,salsa ,spinach ,bacon ... cook like a omelet...

Add me and check out my Diary
  • kimberlyw26
    Options
    Sounds yummy!:)
  • Nana_Booboo
    Nana_Booboo Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    1/2 avocado, boiled egg, multigrain toast
    smash together 1/2 avocado & boiled egg (heat a bit)
    pile on top of toasted multi-rain thin or bread

Taste like cheesy scrambled eggs on toast

Good protein, good oil, good grain.
  • akrzyzewski
    akrzyzewski Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I love yogurt for breakfast. I put plain yogurt in a container at night with frozen pineapple tidbits (from trader joes) and the pineapple defrosts pretty nicely in there. I eat it on my way to work. I suggest you pack a spoon the night before too. Plain yogurt with sliced banana and ground flax seed is amazing. Always Cut the banna fresh tho. Yogurt with peach and flax yum. . Also I like smoothies. I put The ingredients in the blender and the put it in the fridge overnight. Then its ready to go in the am. I use kefir and a mix of fruit
    My favorite fruit combos:
    Frozen Raspberries and pineapple
    frozen blueberry and pineapple
    Sometimes I like to put baby spinach in my smoothie too
    And I love strawberry orange banana. Use some strawberries and half the orange and half banana. Just save the banana and. It the gross part off the next day.
    So those are my ideas, if I don't eat yogurt and fruit for breakfast I don't feel healthy
  • kimberlyw26
    Options
    Those all sound great ladies!! Now I need to make a trip to the grocery store!!!:)
  • greencatgirl
    Options
    I like to scramble up eggs (or egg whites), then put them on whole wheat mini bagels. They freeze well. Grab on in the morning, microwave then I eat it on the way to work. You can add a lean meat like canadian bacon if you want.
  • beth230blue
    beth230blue Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have two great ones that are filling....from Dukan - the Oat Bran Gallette. Egg whites whipped, 1-2 tbsp low fat yogurt, 2 tbsp oat bran. Whip and then make a pancake in a pan. Really tasty, low in calories and super filling.

If I'm really in a hurry...I mix oat bran with yogurt....fast and filling.
  • live4turns
    live4turns Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Boring but...I like fresh fruit and a yogurt. Breakfast should be light and just enough to break your fast while sleeping. Plus, the fruit is refreshing and helps me wake up and get the day going.
  • KellyAnneH
    KellyAnneH Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I make a stack of whole wheat and flax waffles on Sunday afternoon and we toast and top them with yogurt each morning. 350 calories that'll hold us for hours. (and coffee. Can't forget coffee!)
  • MeechoXD
    Options
    I don't know how most people feel about this, but I absolutely love cooking 1/4 cup of lentils for breakfast with an omelet and a piece of fruit. 1/4 cup of lentils has 9 grams of fiber and 9 grams of fiber, so it is pretty awesome and filling! I also think it doesn't need anything with it (I love it plain but I have been putting a tiny bit of ketchup on it along with my omelet).
  • Amberchalon
    Amberchalon Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I keep the Whole Food 365 Instant Organic oatmeal on hand. In particular, the flaxseed flavor. It only takes 90 seconds, it's organic steel cut oats and so yummy.
  • norresha
    norresha Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Kim it sounds like u need to get some luna bars..meal replacements bars if ur in a hury!
  • himiller3
    Options
    I normally eat yogurt mixed with my cereal. (Yoplait light + a flavor matching special K cereal).

i also like this omelet:

3 egg whites, 1 whole egg - beaten together
    1 serving jennie o breakfast sausage cooked & crumbled
    1oz shredded cheese (I usually go for colby/jack)
    various vegetables (But I always include tomatoes & onions)
  • esteticistalatina
    esteticistalatina Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I love making smoothies so I can take with me, see recipes on www.vitamix.com I have the blender but you can use a less expensive one.
    I also make crepes and freeze, you can reheat one, fill with sautee vegetables or a scramble egg with veggies-roll it and take it if you have to eat in the car. I you like the recipe I can send it to you. Also you can try original oatmeal with soybean milk and wheat germ. Yumm!
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Breakfast taco: Put a (La Tortilla Factory Smart and Delicious low carb high fiber) corn tortilla in a pan, crack an egg on top, let the egg cook through the tortilla until you can easily flip it. Flip it. Once it's cooked to your liking, fold it with the tortilla part on the outside and put some salsa, hot sauce, cheese, whatever you want on the inside. That's pretty much my favorite.
  • Hurricane_C
    Hurricane_C Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I have the same thing for breakfast every night when I wake up....

92g egg whites (2 servings)
    4-6g reduced fat feta cheese
    1 toasted Light Thomas's English Muffin

I microwave the eggs and cheese for 1.5 min and then cut it in half and put it on my english muffin for 2 open faced sandwhiches. Delicious.
  • kimberlyw26
    Options
    Where do you get those at Resha?
  • kimberlyw26
    Options
    Thanks everyone this really helps and stops me from grabbing fast food!! Ilove the idea of making smoothies, omelets and waffles to go!! Yummy!!
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    One package instant oatmeal and 1 Tbs nutella
  • keyawhite
    keyawhite Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    smart ones have good breakfast meals for on the go! Also oatmeal, and sometime, I just eat one of the toaster struddles breakfast bars with a bottle water.:smile: