Low-cal peanut butter recommendations

Options
Does anyone know of a low calorie peanut butter that still tastes decent? I just looked at the peanut butter we have and couldn't believe the 190 calories for two tablespoons. I have no idea if I actually put that on my pb&j, but I wanted to know if there were other options out there. Thanks!

Replies

• hopingforhealthy
    Options
    Better n' butter is REALLY good, but it's super high in carbs. I'm usually a natural PB kinda gal, so it's really on the sweet side. But, for half the cals of the regular stuff, it's a yummy treat.
  • crewsicka
    crewsicka Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Take a handful of peanuts... chew them up... and spit them on the bread.
  • Julia6633
    Julia6633 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    pb2..only 45 calories per 2 tbsp
  • akrzyzewski
    akrzyzewski Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    No way around the 190 cal in 2 tb. Nuts are good for you, so anything to make it lie cal prob isn't good for you. I like trader joes natural pb. Try using a tablespoon next time you make a sandwich to see how much you really use, as 2 tb is a lot in a pb&j. Or just use 1 tb when you make a sandwich
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    i use natural peanut butter and enjoy every bite of my 200 calories :) its great on days when im a bit low on cals but not very hungry. i dont usually use a full serving on my sandwiches though...maybe im weird but its just too much for one sammich lol
  • shivaslives
    shivaslives Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Any peanut butter worth eating is going to be high in calories because of the oil in the nuts. I prefer the natural peanut butter (lots of brands have it now) because it has less added sugar.

9114468.png
    Advice is worth exactly what you pay for it.
  • Nana_Booboo
    Nana_Booboo Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Bell Plantation - PB2

Powdered peanut butter you re-concentrate yourself each serving.

They press out the oil.
  • dreambig_gohome
    dreambig_gohome Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the recommendations! I just picked up some PB2 at the health foods store and am excited for it to work out....45 calories in 2 tbls versus the 190 in regular peanut butter? No contest!!