What's your weight loss program?

Options
There's so many choices to follow, what's your weight loss program that works for you? Mine currently is a 1200 calorie intake of protein with limited carbohydrates, with three days a week of boot camp.

Replies

• mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I follow the MFP program. Watch your cals & stay in the green.
    ^^^this=56lbs in 6.5 months!!
  • kluvsj
    kluvsj Posts: 9
    Options
    what is the FMP? i need to lose 50 lbs so how do i do that in 6 months?
  • kluvsj
    kluvsj Posts: 9
    Options
    oh you mean the FMP lol but what did you eat everyday to lose 56 lbs? im losing 1 lb a day so far but im sure that wont last long
  • justme84x
    Options
    i've lost 50.4 pounds in 3 1/2 months.....eat well and exercise... it's all about calories in versus calories out. that simple....!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Moderate calorie deficit
    Exercise
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    It's more than cals in cals out, it's a lot to do with the quality of your food too, as far as feeling satisfied - which is what we all want first and foremost or we wouldn't be overweight to begin with, right? :happy: I'm not saying never enjoy a treat ever again, but my two cents is to eat as unprocessed as you reasonably can and your body will thank you :)

Best wishes!
  • thatsnumberwang
    thatsnumberwang Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Eat more protein, eat less crap, work out.
  • kimsciolino
    kimsciolino Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!
    I follow MFP guidlines that they set for me, but I also use Shakeology every morning, then I work out 2x a day to TurboFire and Insanity. My goal is to lose approx.45lbs in the next 15 months. Well I would like to lose it faster then that but I can be patient.LOL
    I hope everyone has a great day!!!
  • karinapeterson
    karinapeterson Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Only started a week and a half ago, eating 1200 or less cals with limited carbs and no eating after 7pm and doing at least 30 min cardio or weights everyday. 2.5kgs gone so far :) I am hoping I am doing it right.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I follow the MFP program. Watch your cals & stay in the green.
    ^^^this=56lbs in 6.5 months!!

Pretty much this. I eat "smarter"--more "whole" foods and less processed/fast foods than I used to, I eat healthy portions, I cut out soda (totally individual choice there; I personally don't miss it), I drink a lot of water, and I work out 4-5 days per week.
  • chell53
    chell53 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!
    I follow MFP guidlines that they set for me, but I also use Shakeology every morning, then I work out 2x a day to TurboFire and Insanity. My goal is to lose approx.45lbs in the next 15 months. Well I would like to lose it faster then that but I can be patient.LOL
    I hope everyone has a great day!!!

Can I ask what is Shakeology??
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I started last Tuesday (Jan 9th) with the MFP program on a 1200 calorie limit with 30 mins a day, 5 days a week. I've gone over the 30 minutes twice in this first week, and I've lost 8 lbs so far.
  • fatgirlzrule2
    fatgirlzrule2 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I eat around 1200 calories, with a net of 700-800, usually. Lots of fruits and vegetables, limit sodium, LOTS of water, trying to get into the 'clean' eating thing. 40 pounds lost in 7 weeks!!
  • himiller3
    Options
    Eat healthy, good foods in moderation.
    Eat less than your body uses.
    Exercise.

Repeat daily.
  • bpurc22
    bpurc22 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    My "weight loss program" is currently aim for 2000 calories, eat a good breakfast and light throughout the day, workout during Winter Track, and then go home and eat my face off. Hasn't really worked.

Yeah, going to change that.

Planning the day before. Eating back calories ONLY in healthy food or protein. No eating after dinner (unless I have a large deficit). Light breakfast.
  • AlyBelden
    Options
    I use Body By Vi meal replacement shakes and MFP to track my calories, my target calorie range is 1300-1400 and I eat back my exercise calories.
  • gayatrik
    gayatrik Posts: 173
    Options
    I eat around 1200 calories, with a net of 700-800, usually. Lots of fruits and vegetables, limit sodium, LOTS of water, trying to get into the 'clean' eating thing. 40 pounds lost in 7 weeks!!

40 pounds in 7 weeks ?? Wowwwwwwwww..... Can u help me with the kinda food u have been taking if u dont mind?
  • jazzie2421
    Options
    High potein, low sugar. Not going out of my way to say "NO" to anything, just moderation. I am using the calorie counting tools not as a slap my hand when I'm bad, but like a bank. I typically know what I'm going to eat for the day, I plug it all in and I see what I have left. If something changes, I change it. If I'm going to go over my calorie budget for the day, then I earn more by excercising more. I try to stay shy of 1200 calories by eating foods high in protein and low in sugar, lots of soups, and veggies/fruit. The cleaner the better. But I'm also not dumb enough to think that when my body is really craving chocolate that if I deny myself that craving then I'll be able to drop the weight... because I won't. It'll cause me to overindulge when I just really need a taste. So because I budget my calories, I know if I can "afford" a hershey's bar, or if I need to just fight the craving tooth and nail. Typically, I'm so far under "budget" that I can "afford" a treat and not feel like I'm cheating.

I've also stopped eating after 9pm (my muchie time), being more conscientious of what I'm eating, and I have completely stopped drinking soda (not even diet). I walk during my breaks at work, and my night job I walk around as much as possible versus sitting at my desk between customers.
  • SoulNeedsBeauty
    SoulNeedsBeauty Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    about 1200 cals, 40 fat 40 carb 20 protein. i dont eat bread or any kind of unnatural carbs ( all my carbs are from fruits and veggies). no refined oils. all natural food, natural fats and full fat dairy . eat 3 times a day. snack ONLY if i get hungry. lots of water.

Basically I follow the "perfect ten diet" which is focused on balancing our hormones. its more of a lifestyle change than a diet really. I am loving eat. I eat so much less since i stopped eating reduced fat food. Its only been about 2 weeks but im so happy with the results!!! after i reach my goal, I'll switch to their maintenance program, which allows some whole grains and alcohol. I've never been able to follow any diet except for this one, its truly amazing.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    It's more than cals in cals out, it's a lot to do with the quality of your food too, as far as feeling satisfied - which is what we all want first and foremost or we wouldn't be overweight to begin with, right? :happy: I'm not saying never enjoy a treat ever again, but my two cents is to eat as unprocessed as you reasonably can and your body will thank you :)

Best wishes!

Exactly this............