If I haven't met my calorie goal all week, is it bad to eat

Options
I've been eating around 800-900 calories a day for the past week. I keep getting warnings saying that I need to eat more. Today, I felt really dizzy and sick, but I'm still afraid to get anywhere near that 1000 calorie mark, let alone the 1240 I'm supposed to eat. My mom is worried and said that I should just eat something extra, today, even if that means going over my calorie mark for today, because I haven't been eating enough throughout the week.

On the one hand, I understand what she's saying and I don't want to be sick like I was today, but on the other hand, I want those calories to stay lost. I haven't started an exercise program yet, but if I do decide to eat this extra meal today, would exercising the calories back off make me sick again tomorrow?

I'm sorry, but I'm 230 pounds and I just don't want to be fat anymore, so I'm trying so hard not to eat as much.

Replies

• crewsicka
    crewsicka Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Eat your calories!! You are on your way of screwing up your metabolism. Your body will go into fat storing mode and you will stay fat. Most of the weight you lose will be muscle. MFP suggests that I eat 1500 calories a day.... I typically eat 2000 to 2500 calories instead and I have been losing weight. I know that the weight that I lose is fat and not muscle. Trust me on this. If you want to increase fat burn, do some cardio but you will need to eat more if you are being more active.
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Denee!!! Girl!! If you don't eat, you won't lose!! Follow what your guidelines say! Eat the 1240. Just make good choices. Don't put yourself into an eating disorder. Go make a bowl of cereal & go to bed. I have been following what MFP suggests & I have lost 56lbs since June 28 of last year. 230 is a dream for me!!! I am losing and I eat up to 1500 a day.
  • denee05
    denee05 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm so scared that if I eat, I'm going to gain. I'm just gonna drink some coffee and sleep it off. And I just found out that this really pretty girl I used to talk to online, and always wanted to be, has been bulimic all of her life, so now I feel like I have to suffer to be just an average weight. I just can't find any normal people who don't starve to death in my friends or family. I feel so lost.

Edit: just weighed myself. I have lost nothing. :(
  • osuzorba
    osuzorba Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    If you continue to under eat your body will start to enter starvation mode. The body will start shutting down organs to save fuel. I know many people that went on crash diets, only to end up with severe Gail bladder damage. My best friend was hospitalized for 2 weeks due to complications from his crash diet. One of my mom's employees died from being bulimic, she was in her late twenties and left behind two kids.

The one thing that is common between every person I know that did a crash diet is that they are all heavy a year later than when they started.
  • denee05
    denee05 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Now I'm scared. I guess tomorrow I will start eating my goal. I just ate something that put me at my goal today, and I kind of feel better.