Weight watchers meetings vs weight watchers online?

Options
Hi, I was just curious on others opinions between Weight Watchers or Weight Watcher online? Is one better or does one more effective than the other? Thanks.

PS I'm not sure if what I'm saying is breaking the rules, but I'd still keep with MFP, and I hope by asking this it doesn't seem like I'm advertising Weight Watchers.

Replies

• CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Your question is fine, people discuss the pros and cons of Weight Watchers and other programs and supplements all the time. :-)

I have not tried it, I just get the impression that it is more complicated than necessary (calculating points when really you can just stick to the calories and read labels) and I've heard some people have trouble losing on the new plan supposedly b/c fruit is 'free' even though the calories can really add up. I would not do meetings if I were interested b/c I am not one to put myself on display weighing in front of others, but some people do enjoy the support they get from meetings. And in general I really would not want to pay for a program when I have something awesome and supportive and FREE like MFP at my disposal 24/7. :-). But that's just my opinion for myself, different people find that different plans and strategies work for them.
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I've done both in the past and I have to say I definitely had more success going to meetings. There is that support and sense of comradery in the meetings that you don't get online.

I will say....the online forums there can be horrible... Just sayin.
  • ludogx87
    ludogx87 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    i do scottish slimmers (same kinda thing) along side with MFP and i would defo say going to meetings does help coz you get the fear of standing in front of someone getting weighed "to be judged"
    just knowing you have to stand in front of someone motivates you during the week
    also at meetings you can get tips and shown low point meals etc x
  • MzShutterbug
    Options
    I will say....the online forums there can be horrible... Just sayin.

They sure can! My very first day on the forums there and I had some horrible comments made to me for asking a simple question. I don't recommend them at all!

I also agree that there is no sense in paying for a program that basically counts your calories for you, they just turn it into "points". I figured it out once, and they were keeping me on a 1200 calorie a day diet. I can do that myself without spending any money. ;)
  • NotTomorrowToday
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback! I think I"ll stick with MFP for a little longer and if I need something more I'll go to a meeting and see what there like. :D