What if...

lyssamichelle
lyssamichelle Posts: 1,307 Member
What if is the only question I really think..
My biggest what if is,
What if this is all someone's imagination. Everyone's live.. All there thoughts and dreams and choices are the figment of someones extremely messed up version of the world..
What if it's my world... & I'm stuck an in unimaginably long dream...
Deep stuff
Am I the only one who thinks like this or what?

Replies

• adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Freshman philosophy course in a nutshell.
  • I've though of that before!
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    I always think of crazy stuff like that!!
  • pretty far out!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Oh, no. I think stuff like that all the time. Or... what if I'm the star of some Truman Show type thing?
  • BlackRangerX
    BlackRangerX Posts: 133 Member
    how much pot do you smoke a day?!? :)... j/k.....:bigsmile:
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    My biggest what if is,
    What if this is all someone's imagination. Everyone's live.. All there thoughts and dreams and choices are the figment of someones extremely messed up version of the world..
    Deep stuff

This totally dates me but many years ago (1980s) there was a prime time TV show called "St Elsewhere" about a hospital...at the end of the series, they made it appear that the entire world of the hospital and the people associated with it were part of the imaginings of this little boy with autism...it was bizarre.
  • CastleMadeOfSand
    CastleMadeOfSand Posts: 432 Member
    rene descartes walks into a bar, barkeep says "Can I get you anything?" Descartes says "I think not" and he disappeared.
  • lyssamichelle
    how much pot do you smoke a day?!? :)... j/k.....:bigsmile:
    None anymore..
    >.>
    <.<
    Just going to back away slowly now.
  • secrets_out
    secrets_out Posts: 684 Member
    What if when I'm sleeping I'm really awake and when I'm awake its really just a dream....all the time I think like that!
  • petreebird
    petreebird Posts: 344 Member
    Is THAT how St. Elsewhere ended...never knew!!

But yeah, I think about that kind of thing all the time. Sometime's I feel as if I am here simply to amusing some being greater than I.

14339295.png
  • lyssamichelle
    What if when I'm sleeping I'm really awake and when I'm awake its really just a dream....all the time I think like that!
    I think that a lot.. I have to pinch myself just to check. lol
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    My dreams are really realistic so it's like a whole different life and more than once I've confused stuff that happened in dreams with real life - like accusing my friends of having told me something while they never did. lol
    I've also had dreams like the movie inception. I would wake up but then realize it's a dream, and wake up again, and again, etc. Pretty freaky stuff.
  • Imagine, if you will, that no one in the world exists except those in your immediate line of vision. This tends to reduce reality to what you have in front of you. That being said, there is no other influence greater than yourself; whatever you choose to do, however you approach this program. it is all on you! And you can do it! So many of us on these boards have relied on every other manufactured method of reducing, yet you will see that post after post confirms that you and I alone are responsible for our success. Be true to yourself and true to your logs, and you will do great!
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    It's puff, puff, PASS!!
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    My biggest what if is,
    Deep stuff

I've been thinking this since 1969... 4th grade
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    St. Elsewhere! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    I'm pretty sure everyone's had this thought before. It's not original.
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    rene descartes walks into a bar, barkeep says "Can I get you anything?" Descartes says "I think not" and he disappeared.

Bwahahahaaaa! I am so stealing that! :laugh:
  • onefourone
    onefourone Posts: 212 Member
    What if C A T really spelled dog?
    That's deep Oger

What movie ?