Help, I cannot eat enough!

Options
Hi.

I am obese and trying to lose weight through healthy food (I am already vegetarian) and walking and running. I have very little appetite, however. I you can see my diary, I have a goal of 1,430, I think. I average around 1,000. I am not trying to starve myself, but I fear that I am and this may severely impede my ability to lose weight. I am the only overweight or bese vegetarian I have ever known or heard of, and it is very embarrassing. I get a bit more calories from fat than I would like, but I am working on it. Should I worry about my calorie intake and how it is quite low? Do I just keep doing what I am doing and hope it is all right? Sometimes I feel like I have to forcefeed myself.

Help? Please?

Replies

• almawr
    almawr Posts: 77
    Options
    This happened to me all the time , i just have a handful of dried fruits and nuts in some greek yoghurt , it ups my calorie intake and is still healthy and yummy. Another thing i did was add a hard boiled egg and nuts like cashews and almonds to my salad this upped it too. The best thing is just to add small things that are healthy but will up that number so your not eating too little ! Though i think the most important thing is to listen to your body , if you are not hungry dont make yourself eat , if you are , eat :)

Good luck
  • Mmmporkrinds
    Options
    Hi there, I'm certainly no expert as I have the opposite problem! But if it's a matter of not feeling hungry and not wanting to eat a lot of volume, what about trying to eat more very small things which are high in calories? Like maybe some kinds of seeds, or pine nuts? Or peanut butter or something like that?
  • thefuzz1290
    thefuzz1290 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    What kind of vegetarian are you? If you eat eggs, eat eggs (or egg substitute). Also grab some whey protein and make a shake or two a day (make sure you DO NOT get weight gainer, they're packaged similar).
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    If you eat them I would add cheese, Greek yogurt, and nuts, or a protein bar. These are "good for you" foods that can be calorie dense. Fruit is a good option also.
  • deserttree
    Options
    Your body is most likely in starvation mode ( converts everything to fat)
    Protein shakes, nuts and seeds, yogurt.
    No bread, pasta, pancakes etc..

What are you drinking?