poor nutrition = hungrier than normal?

Options
Anyone read the Gabriel Method? Well, not that I think anyone needs to be that extreme, but I feel like I'm greatly lacking in "live foods" aka fruits, veggies, nuts. I have been ravenously hungry lately, but my usual 1200 goal USED TO be just fine for me. Could it be that my body is getting the calories it needs and not the nutrition, therefore making me hungrier than normal???

Replies

• granolagrl85
    Options
    I personally think that if your eating processed foods that lack nutrition then you will be hungrier. My sister and I discussed this a few days ago. I'm eating a lot better and usually I struggle to get all 1200 calories in. I'm just not hungry.
  • littlebecc
    Options
    I'm the same as you. I'm eating worse + going over my calories a lot but i'm so much more hungrier than when i ate really healthy, under my goal & full!
    I'm reading the book eat to live and it explains this a lot.
  • SwankyTomato
    SwankyTomato Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I don't know about the book.

With me as I am tracking, it is fat from what I can tell. Before I started changing my eating I logged my food "as is" to see how I was eating. Now I am in modify mode.

I am finally getting to 1200 calories and the biggest thing was FAT in my diet. Considering fast food and other quick items have a lot of fat in them, maybe there is some truth to it. I don't know.

Now I am trying to lower my sugar and fighting that because I love my coffee in the morning with cream and sugar...(insert pity party).
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    You read my mind, i was just thinking today about how much fuller I feel at 1200 now I'm eating more home made food, fresh veggies and the like. Real food definitely keeps you more full - high fat friend foods / empty calories seem to make me hungrier throughout the day.