whats your best tip??

Options

Replies

• lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    Before I got pregnant, I lost 50 pounds. I just had the baby, so i'm back to working out and eating right, etc.

When I lost the 50 pounds, the best thing I ever did (and i'm sure a lot of people will disagree with me, but it works so well for me) is that I weigh every single day. It kept me on track and I was encouraged to keep going. I never let the scale discourage me.
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    the one in my.....

OK seriously, Food in only a form of energy, nothing more, think of it as fuel, get enjoyment from food but not all the time, fill yourself up with enjoyment and happiness in other forms outside of food! Enjoyment is a mental feeling not a physical one!
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Drinking water will cleanse sodium...Worked for me...
  • Alex_on_the_Rocks
    Options
    best tip i ever heard: do not diet, change your lifestyle. continue to eat the foods you love, but in moderation. if you love cupcakes, then have one every couple of months for a special treat. don't cut anything out of your life entirely (unless you have a real health issue) this way, you don't cheat. my life has changed so drastically since i started working-out and eating healthy. instead of eating fast food 5-6 times per week and having at least 3000 calories per day, i now work-out 6 days per week and eat approx 1200-1400 calories per day of HEALTHY foods. last weekend i enjoyed a chili dog with my son - i enjoyed it b/c i used to eat like that every.single.day and now i can appreciate the good taste, yet still remain healthy. i guess the bottom line is: diets don't work, but healthy lifestyles do. :smile:

I discovered that last bit with soda. I used to drink A LOT of it. When I started this lifestyle change on the first of the year, I cut back. WAAAAAY back. Last week a friend and I were hanging out having a girls day and I had a cherry Dr.Pepper. It was probably the yummiest soda I have ever consumed!!!
  • msleona2011
    msleona2011 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Drink plenty of water
  • ysamatar
    ysamatar Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    have 2 mugs of green tea before each meal! this has helped me soo much!

I'm thinking of adding green tea to my diet. What kind of green tea are you drinking? Thanks.
  • melmaus27
    Options
    When this month is over I'm going to take a picture of my "star chart" as I call it and post it up here - super-fun. (I used Backyardigan's stickers - they make me smile).
  • wickednitsch
    wickednitsch Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Try to track your foods as you eat them instead of just logging everything at one time. This will make you more accountable and considerate as you go throughout the day.
  • GigiBee824
    GigiBee824 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Bought some fun kids' stickers, made a special calendar to track my exercise days and every day I exercise, even if it's low-intensity, such as a moderate walk, I give myself one. I also track my weight on it. Once you get the line of stickers going you don't want to break it and it's colorful and happy so it makes me feel good to see that I am making my goals!

Love this! Must get some stickers. Ooh, maybe even different different stickers for cadrio and strength. Lovely idea, thanks for sharing!
  • ottawagirl613
    ottawagirl613 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    plan your meals in advance (day before).. indulge your cravins in moderation.. and make exercise non-negotiable.. i changed my mantra from "ill try to get it in 3-5 times a week" to "i will absolutely, unless the world opens up and swallows me whole, or an asteroid hits the earth, exercise everyday for 25 minutes".. the result is at the end of 5 weeks instead of having already quit (as per usual) i have exercised 32 out of 35 days and am still going..
  • jazzalea
    jazzalea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    get up and move.... I think it's better to keep focused on moving all day rather than go to the gym and exhaust yourself and then spend the rest of the day on the couch recovering and preparing for tomorrow's "workout" the old adage about take the stairs is true.... but take them with attitude.... you are doing this for YOU
  • supergirl6
    supergirl6 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Take pictures every week at weigh in - front and side. Try to wear the same clothes (until they stop fitting). The scale changes slowly, but non scale victories are plentiful and happen every day, all the time if we pay attention. We can often "see" the change from week to week in pictures more easily than we can see it when we look in the mirror. Use a graphics or picture program like photoshop to paste each picture side by side each week with the week # and your weight listed.
  • toolgirl626
    toolgirl626 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Realize that there are no "bad" foods. There is not any specific diet program that will work for you. The ALL have the same principle....calories in - calories out....with the diet programs, you might lose weight, but you'll lose money too and you won't be able to develop the discipline you'll need to keep the weight off. All the diet programs want you to fail, that's how they make their money. Depend on yourself, develop discipine, ad I promise you will succeed.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Eat a little of what you love.. M & M's 28 pieces = 100 calories Enjoy
  • chatnel
    chatnel Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Nothing tastes as good as being healthy feels
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Water and TONS of veggies. If you're hungry, you aren't eating enough veggies!
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Be prepared. Have healthy food in your fridge. Bring your lunch and all snacks to work so you don't do something stupid, like McDonalds. (Not that I've ever done THAT.) :sad:
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    If hunger isn't the problem ... food isn't the answer.
  • krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    BUMP for later! I loooove these posts. I find some of the best little tidbits here :happy:
  • bpurc22
    bpurc22 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    1. Eat larger portions earlier in the day if you exercise a lot later in the day.

2. MFP caloric burns are not accurate