I can't loos any more weight !! Why ?

Options
I am stuck. I lost 15 pounds and It seems like I can't loose anymore. I eat like a bird. So do
I need to eat more? I need help . Thanks.

Replies

• charlotteandalfie
    Options
    Make your diary veiwable to the public otherwise we won't be able to give you any pointers Hun xx
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    It has been my experience that when I get stuck in a rut like that, it is because my body is used to the low calorie intake and I need a day or two of spiking my calories up then go back down.

You also say you eat like a bird, do you at least eat 1200 calories a day?
  • SaturnMB84
    Options
    I eat astound 1100 1200 . That's what I was thinking maybe eat a little more every so often to spike it but. It's annoying that I work so hard and nothing is comming off lol.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I eat astound 1100 1200 . That's what I was thinking maybe eat a little more every so often to spike it but. It's annoying that I work so hard and nothing is comming off lol.

eat what MFP tells you to, this would be no less than 1200 cals plus the cals you burn from exercise. So if you burn 500 cals the lowest amount you should eat that day is 1700 (1200+500).
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I am stuck. I lost 15 pounds and It seems like I can't loose anymore. I eat like a bird. So do
    I need to eat more? I need help . Thanks.
    Sounds like you starved yourself into a stifled metabolism.
    This is textbook.

Maybe others will learn from your mistake.
    And you too, of course.

Yes. Eat more.
    Set your goals for 1 lb of weekly weight loss.
    Eat what MFP recommends.

It's actually quite simple.
  • losingtwenty4miami
    Options
    Every now and then you have to trick your body when your not losing. So take a couple of days and skyrocket on calories and then return to your eating habits. You should be able to see some more weight drop off. If you're not comfortable with that, you can switch up your exercise routine. It's normal to hit a plateau period in your weightloss, so doing something different usually helps out a lot.
  • hounds726
    Options
    I feel your pain here! I have lost 29 lbs and seem to be stuck! I am a little nervous to eat my exercise calories back until I get a HRM so I know exactly how many calories I am burning off. Right now I am eating 1200 calories, exercising off about 300-400 and eating between 150-200 of those back to be on the safe side. Any other advise would be greatly appreciate.

I have considered limiting my sodium to 1000mg a day. Has anyone else had success with this?
  • sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Options

eat what MFP tells you to, this would be no less than 1200 cals plus the cals you burn from exercise. So if you burn 500 cals the lowest amount you should eat that day is 1700 (1200+500).

Said perfectly.. you need to eat more.. try it for a week and you will be surprised!!!
  • AutieBell
    AutieBell Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem and it took a few weeks stuck at the same weight before it paid off and I just recently lost 1.8 pounds. Don't give up and do what everyone else is trick your body but don't overdue it. It worked for me after weeks of stalemate. Just need to lose about 9 more now!
  • Lorie66
    Lorie66 Posts: 66
    Options
    Your body has reached a plateau ..It thinks you are beginning to starve so it is slowing down you metabolism which in return slows Down or stops weight loss..This is normal to happen in the first few weeks of weight loss and may not be the last time it happens...try to up your calorie intake just a little, add a little more to your workout program by adding strength training 2 days a week and drink more water..water helps get your digestive track to start working faster and helps speed up metabolism..Don't let this temporary cycle discouage you..it will end... a plateau will usually last 7-14 days..your body will still be burning the hard fat deposts and you will still be loosing in inches..the numbers on the scale will eventually catch up.. Good luck! be patient and positive.. :)
  • patheticgit
    Options
    mathamatically you need to eat less and excercise more. Thats it if you want to lose.
    The issue comes from what do you want to lose - fat water muscle etc but thats entirely a different topic.
    Your body is not designed to lose weight - thats why.
  • stroken96
    stroken96 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    bump
  • pstaceyca
    pstaceyca Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    You are not eating enough. Just up your calories and you should be fine. Do you exercise as well, if you do you are way under your calories!!! Good luck!
  • SaturnMB84
    Options
    Thanks everybody for the advice it helps to hear it from people that know from expereince of know how to fix it. Thanks again!