Can someone please help?

Options
2»

Replies

• GNBC
    GNBC Posts: 9
    Options
    looking at your diary, I would not say that you were doing Phase I of SBD...you should have 1 to 2 cups of veggies with every meal, a lot less peanuts and no tabouleh...I am not saying what you ate is unhealthy but it should not be categorized at south beach diet, phase I. The first 2 weeks are to reduce your sugar cravings while still eating nutritious, whole foods, lots of veggies and lean protein.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Your total calories each day are a little low. But your carbs are REALLY low. (Obviously :) )

It's just water weight. Give it a couple of days.

Carbs are not evil. You need carbs to give you energy to fuel your body and your workouts. As long as you stick to your calorie level. Eat.

You have less than 20lbs to go, but you are still also set to a 2lb per week loss. You should lower that to 1 lb or even .5 lb per week. The last 20lbs are the hardest because most people try too hard. Your body doesn't want to let go of the calories that fast.

You are not eating a lot of processed foods. That's great. Keep that up.

Stick with it, you are doing great.
  • summergreen487
    summergreen487 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I looked at your diary and it seems like overall it is relatively healthy, but I did notice that even though you are under your calories you are often way way way over your fat content from peanuts and peanut butter. I imagine anyone would have tough time losing weight eating 1000 calories worth of peanuts. Even the South Beach Diet only recommends eating something like 20 nuts at a time. Replace the calories from peanuts and peanut butter with some fish, chicken, or tofu and see what happens.
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    the only advise I could give you is not to diet... cutting this or that out of your daily fuel is really not healthy - research shows that most people who go on such diets, gain the weight right back and sometimes they double it...

I agree with whom ever said to switch up your workout - add some weights to it if you haven't already - do some research, i always recommend www.bodybuilding.com but only because I am right now following a woman's fat loss regimen and it is working. <--- best of all is free - I things don't work for everyone the same, you just need to find what works for you but at all cost in a healthy way :)

best of luck!!!
  • mlawilm
    mlawilm Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I too have been stuck on a plateau for almost a year. I have recently started working with a trainer and he says I am not eating enough calories for the workouts I do. Maybe that is your problem?? He also said that sometimes when you stall at weight loss you need to gorge and then start all over again. Hope that helps you......:ohwell:
  • lola374
    lola374 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    According to your weight ticker, you only have 11 lbs to go.

With your height and bone structure, are you sure you can go down that low? How tall are you? How would you describe your bone structure?

Re-evaluate the height/weight charts and your BMI. Perhaps losing another 11 lbs will have you underweight. You might not be losing the weight because you're body doesn't want to be underweight.

If 125 lbs. has you at a healthy weight, I would suggest switching up your exercise routine.
  • Spinelli2288
    Spinelli2288 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I've always had trouble losing weight, I can put muscle on like a mother f@3ker which isn't the same, not in my case anyway. After five of my friends did the HCG diet successfully was when I started to do my research. I'm on day two, from yesterday to today, I've lost 4 pounds, and I'm not hungry. I am a foodie to the core, and I'm doing great with this diet. If nothing else works for you, after you see a doctor, I recommend this diet.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    Options
    According to your weight ticker, you only have 11 lbs to go.

With your height and bone structure, are you sure you can go down that low? How tall are you? How would you describe your bone structure?

Re-evaluate the height/weight charts and your BMI. Perhaps losing another 11 lbs will have you underweight. You might not be losing the weight because you're body doesn't want to be underweight.

If 125 lbs. has you at a healthy weight, I would suggest switching up your exercise routine.

THIS^

How tall are you? 125 is a very low weight, and not going to be easy to attain.

I think you should consult a professional dietician and trainer if you are that stuck but still insist on the 125 weight.
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    You posted on another thread that you are 5 foot 9...that's pretty tall. Your body might not healthfully be able to get below 140.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!