Boy, do I feel stupid...

Ok, so I hadn't lost any weight in a few days and I thought I was being absolutely religious about tracking everything and exercising. Until I remembered that I forgot..... the raisins! I was adding a few raisins to my Weight control Oatmeal in the morning and a few again for lunch. DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW MANY CALORIES ARE IN A FEW RAISINS???!?!? 130 calories, twice a day = holy crap!

Replies

• Ok, so I hadn't lost any weight in a few days and I thought I was being absolutely religious about tracking everything and exercising. Until I remembered that I forgot..... the raisins! I was adding a few raisins to my Weight control Oatmeal in the morning and a few again for lunch. DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW MANY CALORIES ARE IN A FEW RAISINS???!?!? 130 calories, twice a day = holy crap!
  • aslavich
    aslavich Posts: 250 Member
    You're funny... I guess it's a good think I don't like raisins!!

angela :happy:
  • rseman
    rseman Posts: 50
    WOW That is alot!!
  • Tell me about it! I love raisins, but like all dried fruit they have a lot of calories. A good rule to follow re this is only to eat the same number of a fruit dried as you would fresh, eg 1 or 2 dried apricots, not 5 or 6! I learnt this the hard way when, like you, I first looked up the calories!
  • Yeah raisins are killer if you eat too much. There great for people how love to do long outdoor activities such as hiking.