Egg Muffins-SO GOOD!

Options
DreamLittleDarling
DreamLittleDarling Posts: 800 Member
I saw these on a blog, for the life of me can't remember what blog though. I made them last night so my husband could have a healthy breakfast as he rushes around after PT every morning.

One thing to remember (I learned this the hard way) spray the holy living crap out of the cupcake cups with non-stick spray before pouring the eggs in!!!

Makes 12 muffins:

6 eggs (I used 1 1/2 cups of egg beaters egg whites-works just the same!)
red onion (however much you like!)
green pepper (however much you like!)
sausage (I used 2 links of john morrell skinless polish sausage cuz that's what I had, you can use anything you want, bacon, sausage, or no meat if thats what you prefer!)
6oz shredded cheddar cheese (again this is personal preference, add more or less, or none at all, or a different kind of cheese if you want!)

mix it all together and pour into 12 muffin cups

REMEMBER TO SPRAY THE MUFFIN CUPS WITH NO STICK SPRAY!!!!

cook in the oven on 375 for 30ish minutes, or until they are brownish on top.

remove them from the muffin pan and take them out of the paper as soon as possible. You can stick them in the fridge and pop them in the microwave for 20-30 seconds when you want to eat them.

THESE ARE SO DARN GOOD!

the ones I made came out to be about 100 calories per muffin, but thats because of the sausage and cheese, you can add anything you want and make them however you want!

enjoy!

Replies

• smiley01x
    smiley01x Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    i am gonna try these! I dont have time to cook eggs in the morning and i hate hard boiled eggs!! Thanks!
  • lorihalsted
    lorihalsted Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy!!!!!
  • mixmastermolly
    Options
    I use a muffin tin, too, and make mine with egg beaters, broccoli, and cheese. I love it! You can put them in the fridge and heat them up in the morning to have for a few days. I also sometimes heat my egg beaters up in a coffee mug to put on an english muffin and it makes the perfect round little egg for the muffin. But you have to spray that a lot, too, or the egg sticks to the cup!
  • mv0912
    mv0912 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Wow sounds so easy and good!! Thanks for posting, I am going to try these tonight :)
  • daphnegetnfit
    Options
    Thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • beskimoosh
    beskimoosh Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I have like 10 eggs to use up, think this will account for some of them!

Edit: they're in the oven now, I got far too excited to make them!
  • jess_kain
    Options
    Sounds Yummy!! :smile:
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    bump to make later
  • DreamLittleDarling
    Options
    Yes!!! I make my own "egg mcmuffin" that way, and omg it's delicious! I use egg whites, whole wheat english muffin, laughing cow light, and one slice of turkey bacon! mmmmmmmmmmmm so much better then mcdonalds ever even dreamed of being! LOL
  • SunShineBeastess
    SunShineBeastess Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I think these are on the South Beach Diet site under Recipes. They are very yummy and sooo many different choices to put in them. Thanks for reminding me of them.
  • RichNice
    RichNice Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I saw these on a blog, for the life of me can't remember what blog though. I made them last night so my husband could have a healthy breakfast as he rushes around after PT every morning.

One thing to remember (I learned this the hard way) spray the holy living crap out of the cupcake cups with non-stick spray before pouring the eggs in!!!

Makes 12 muffins:

6 eggs (I used 1 1/2 cups of egg beaters egg whites-works just the same!)
    red onion (however much you like!)
    green pepper (however much you like!)
    sausage (I used 2 links of john morrell skinless polish sausage cuz that's what I had, you can use anything you want, bacon, sausage, or no meat if thats what you prefer!)
    6oz shredded cheddar cheese (again this is personal preference, add more or less, or none at all, or a different kind of cheese if you want!)

mix it all together and pour into 12 muffin cups

REMEMBER TO SPRAY THE MUFFIN CUPS WITH NO STICK SPRAY!!!!

cook in the oven on 375 for 30ish minutes, or until they are brownish on top.

remove them from the muffin pan and take them out of the paper as soon as possible. You can stick them in the fridge and pop them in the microwave for 20-30 seconds when you want to eat them.

THESE ARE SO DARN GOOD!

the ones I made came out to be about 100 calories per muffin, but thats because of the sausage and cheese, you can add anything you want and make them however you want!

enjoy!

Wow...I like the sound of these...might try them tonight!!!!
  • stephaniep12345mfp
    stephaniep12345mfp Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I make variations of something very similar to this. Another easy way to get them out of the pan is to use aluminum muffin cups sprayed with non-stick spray. I made the mistake of using paper muffin cups once and it was a disaster, but they pop right out of the aluminum ones.

I'll make a batch of these on the weekend and freeze them in little bags so I can grab them and run on my way to work during the week.
  • UnderConstructionJ
    UnderConstructionJ Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Lyric82
    Lyric82 Posts: 119
    Options
    Oh my god this is PERFECT! I never have time to make eggs in the AM and I don't like hard boiled eggs...thanks for sharing! :flowerforyou:
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    mmm gonna try some of those. I have silicone muffin trays that I bet would work well.
  • diamond_roses
    Options
    I love almost anything with eggs in it, will have to try these soon :)
  • shellshalla
    shellshalla Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Bump! How long do you think these would stay good in the fridge? A week? or not even?
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    they sound great.. thanks for the idea. I wonder if cupcake papers would work?
  • DreamLittleDarling
    Options
    They should keep for about a week!

and yes, I used cupcake papers... I call them cups lol, just spray them REALLY good with no stick spray, cuz they stuck SO bad to the papers!!!
  • BiggGrizz
    BiggGrizz Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    bump