I want a lean stomach!

Options
So I started Medifast and it's working wonders and I'm seeing the "weight" come off because of that and doing a lot of cardio, but what i really want to know is how do i get that lean stomach? I can see slight definition in my stomach but there is still that visceral fat. What do i do to get a lean build? Thanks all!

Replies

• TiffaniBarrett
    TiffaniBarrett Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    You cant spot reduce (unfortuantely), so if you do some weight/strength training - you will be able to condition all muscles :-) xx
  • GreekByMarriage
    GreekByMarriage Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    6 week 6 pack from Jillian Michaels
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Weight training and the right diet. Lifting weights, heavy, minimize muscle loss, whereas cardio does not. Diet helps maintain muscle, which burns calories and, as the saying goes, abs are made in the kitchen.
  • medoria
    medoria Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    You can train cardio in order to burn more fat, or do some ab workout like Ab ripper x, Hiphop abs or Jillian Michaels 6 week 6 pack, or combine the to. To get leaner you need to lower you bodyfat percentage, and loose weight ( fat) you need a calorie deficit.
  • sheaz85
    sheaz85 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    The diet part i have down pretty well but i just can't get that "lean" look yet...even though the weight is definitely coming off. Thanks for the help!
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    You can train cardio in order to burn more fat, or do some ab workout like Ab ripper x, Hiphop abs or Jillian Michaels 6 week 6 pack, or combine the to. To get leaner you need to lower you bodyfat percentage, and loose weight ( fat) you need a calorie deficit.

Yes, you want to get a lower body fat percentage and get leaner, but if you only do cardio, you will lose muscle mass as well as fat. Ab workouts are not enough to maintain your total muscle mass. Weight training and eating enough protein will minimize that loss so you don't end up skinny fat

Check this out
    http://nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    I agree that you need to lift. No barbie weights. Lift heavy or go home.
  • sheaz85
    sheaz85 Posts: 56 Member
    Options

Yes, you want to get a lower body fat percentage and get leaner, but if you only do cardio, you will lose muscle mass as well as fat. Ab workouts are not enough to maintain your total muscle mass. Weight training and eating enough protein will minimize that loss so you don't end up skinny fat

Check this out
    http://nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

Thanks I definitely will!