Grocery List---please help

Options
2»

Replies

• tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Just found this one on sparkpeople.com. Think this might be on menu soon!

Pan Chicken Parmesan

Calories: 283.5
    Fat: 11.5g
    Carbohydrates: 4.4g
    Protein: 38.9g

Ingredients
    4, 5oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    4, .slices of mozzarella cheese
    1/2 c Prego Traditional Italian Sauce
    Salt/ Pepper/ Garlic Powder
    1Tbs Olive Oil
    Dried Rosemary Leaves
    Ground Oregano
    Dried Basil
    Directions
    -Season chicken with salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste.
    -Heat skillet with 1tbs olive oil
    -Cook chicken till done and transfer to a baking dish.
    -cover each chicken breast with 1/8c Prego Sauce, 1 slice of cheese and dashes of herbs.
    -bake in countertop oven, broiler or regular oven till cheese is melted and slightly browned.

Number of Servings: 4
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Just found this one on sparkpeople.com. Think this might be on menu soon!

Pan Chicken Parmesan

Calories: 283.5
    Fat: 11.5g
    Carbohydrates: 4.4g
    Protein: 38.9g

Ingredients
    4, 5oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    4, .slices of mozzarella cheese
    1/2 c Prego Traditional Italian Sauce
    Salt/ Pepper/ Garlic Powder
    1Tbs Olive Oil
    Dried Rosemary Leaves
    Ground Oregano
    Dried Basil
    Directions
    -Season chicken with salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste.
    -Heat skillet with 1tbs olive oil
    -Cook chicken till done and transfer to a baking dish.
    -cover each chicken breast with 1/8c Prego Sauce, 1 slice of cheese and dashes of herbs.
    -bake in countertop oven, broiler or regular oven till cheese is melted and slightly browned.

Number of Servings: 4

I use boca or morning star farms chicken patties (vegetarian) to make a chicken parm, and they are wonderful. All you have to do is put them in the oven and about 5 minutes before they are done, spoon some sauce over them and a slice of cheese. Easy peasy and healthier (for me since cholesterol in animal is an issue for me)
  • emmy0417
    emmy0417 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    She's on to something with the weekend warrior thing. I find something and make it for the whole week (or 2 somethings sometimes) and then I eat those things for a week. Then on the weekend I do it all over again. You might get sick of it by the end, but it's only a week. And when you make it, make the right amount to last you a week or two (might take you a minute to find that perfect portion) and add it to your recipes, when you come back to it, it's already there! Separate it out and freeze it, or put in the fridge and just grab and go.

As far as WHAT to make -
    I really like soups. They are usually low cal - try skinnytaste.com - and they are easy to make and super filling. You can always make ANY soup in the crockpot.
    Anything with sauteed veggies - stir fry veggies and saute with some garlic powder (or real garlic) and oyster sauce - super easy and healthy. Any raw veggie with some olive oil and like an all purpose seasoning or my staples, garlic powder, onion powder and peppercorns (or cracked pepper.) mmmmm.
    Homemade tacos are really good too. Use a seasoning from the spices aisle instead of the taco mix - less cals, WAY less sodium - I like Emeril's Southwest. I use it in anything I want to taste south of the borderish - chicken, veggies, soups. For tacos I just season a few chicken breasts with that seasoning and wrap it up in a taco with some lettuce, cheese, black olives, tomatoes - sometimes if I'm feeling like it I'll open a can of re fried beans and use that instead of the chicken - then I'll just mix up some seasonings in that instead.